Jpeg loader will not use relative paths

Report any bugs here that you may have found in MainLobby
dmcvie

Jpeg loader will not use relative paths

Postby dmcvie » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:32 pm

Hi there,

I have a JPG loader (JPGLOADER0001) that holds a mask to cover weather images that are non-standard sizes. If I use the browse button to load a JPG image the mask works fine. If I then go in and strip off the machine specific path to the Cinemar directory the JPG loader displayes “Image not found” I use relative paths for screens and loading overlays, I’m surprised this doesn’t work. I’ve tried both “\project\image.jpg” and “project\image.jpg” (without the quotes).
I’m running ML version 3.00.51 and server version 3.0.149.

Thanks

Dave

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Postby fnkpet » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:23 am

Dave - You are missing the \\ if front of it. SHould be

\\computer\d\Directory1\subdir1\subdir2\file.jpg

where \\computer is the name of the netowrked machine.

Frank

dmcvie

Postby dmcvie » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:59 pm

Fnkpet,

It’s not on a network share, it’s a folder under the Cinemar directory.
On One machine it might be C:\program files\Cinemar\project\ on another machine it might be D:\Cinemar\project\ - either way the relative path from the Cinemar root directory is the same (\Project).

That’s where "relative path" comes in. This works for MLS screens and other items, it just fails for the JPGLoader.

Dave

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:48 pm

Can you move to a network drive, or use the same path?

dmcvie

Postby dmcvie » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:16 pm

Sure, I guess I could. I was hoping it was a bug and not by design. I'll just have each computer point to the the same network share.

Thanks

Fro

Postby Fro » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:58 pm

This goes deeper than just JPGLoader. I've got the content folder set to a subdirectory of the Cinemar directory. When I go to select a sound to play when an object is clicked it puts the relative path based on the content folder path in the field. However, the sound will not play.

If I manually put the full path to the file in the Play sound field then the sound will play.

It appears this is a partial implementation of some code since it is putting in the relative path but is not using it when attempting to access the file.

Wysocki
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Wysocki » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:06 pm

Nice catch for a newbie, Fro. I just reorganized all my ML files since the new installation creates the content folder (which is a lot better idea than the old way of dumping all the mls into the main folder). However, I find I now have to edit all my sounds too to reflect the full file path.

But you CAN specify a slightly abbreviated version of the path. Just use the dot character to indicate the current Mainlobby folder. So instead of:
c:\program files\cinemar\content\soundfx\softbell.mp3
You can just use:
.\content\soundfx\softbell.mp3

Fro

Postby Fro » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:57 am

OK...

I't's been just over a year and due to a TouchScreen mishap, a server noise issue, and a failure to properly backup my files, I have embarked on a complete system redesign.

I'm still running into this in the latest 3.00.151 build. Since I'm designing scenes on my laptop and then dropping them on other systems, I really don't want to have to use the full path.

Is there a fix for this in sight?

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:42 pm

As long as your Content folder is properly setup, everything should be relative to it... Something like:

D:\Cinemar\Content\0019\1024x768\

If you make use of "..", be aware of:

http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/foru ... hp?t=13727
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer
TRadio: Sirius/HD/XM radio - TChart: Chart from variable Wiki

Wysocki
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re:

Postby Wysocki » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:43 am

Really hate to open an old one like this, but:
Fro wrote:This goes deeper than just JPGLoader. I've got the content folder set to a subdirectory of the Cinemar directory. When I go to select a sound to play when an object is clicked it puts the relative path based on the content folder path in the field. However, the sound will not play.
If I manually put the full path to the file in the Play sound field then the sound will play.
It appears this is a partial implementation of some code since it is putting in the relative path but is not using it when attempting to access the file.

The browse button still puts in just the relative path and it must be manually edited as described above to get it to play. Has this been overlooked all these years or am I missing something?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: Jpeg loader will not use relative paths

Postby mcascio » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:23 am

Hi Terry,

Thanks for bringing this to the top again. The playSound content folder issue did go under the radar.

It's been fixed and will be available in our next major release.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “MainLobby Public Bug Report”