ML stops responding, closing and restarting fixes....

Report any bugs here that you may have found in MainLobby
kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

ML stops responding, closing and restarting fixes....

Postby kingdaddy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:01 pm

A couple of months ago I started having a problem with Main Lobby that I have never experienced before, nothing has changed on my setup at all so I don’t know what triggered this. ML commands just stop responding as if the server was down or the MLS is glitching like is always has In the past, usually I go the server and mouse over the icon of MLS docked in the toolbar and it will disappear if it has shutdown, but this problem is not the same. This is specifically in ML and happens quite often(3-4 times a day), when I try a IR programmed button nothing works so I have to close ML on my Airpanel and restart, then it always works.

This combined with the long occurring and never properly addressed MLS erroneous shutdown problems is making this package less and less useful. I never thought I would be able to do without this automation but recently I have been manually operating everything and am starting to get used to it.

I know that it is highly unlikely that I will receive any information that will fix this and if it is a problem in the program I don’t think I can wait a year or more for a newer version that may or may not have a fix but I thought I would give it a shot anyway since I’m knee deep in this and it operates everything in my HT. Sure would be nice to have a properly working software package that actually does what it is supposed to when I touch a button, cant tell you how embarrassing it is when someone is over and 1 out of 3 time that I touch a button nothing happens other then me cussing and scrambling around trying to figure out what is the problem instead of just manually operating the device.

So based on past experiences I know this will probably be a waste of time, but in case this is a known issue with a known fix (I hope) then maybe this post will bear fruit.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:21 pm

No where near the information that is needed to help answer the question, and no passion to do that based on the tone.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:09 pm

smoothtlk wrote:No where near the information that is needed to help answer the question, and no passion to do that based on the tone.

See, typical relply from you and your the reason for the tone, no one else at Cinemar has treated me so poorly.

What else can I say or do, is there some kind of log somewhere I could post, or would you even care?

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:16 pm

OMG... c'mon, kingdaddy... :roll:

I'm picturing Eeyore or something like that... "I'm sure everything will be bad because everything always is bad..." :P
In fact:
Eeyore (A. A. Milne) wrote:"Pathetic," he said. "That's what it is. Pathetic." (crosses stream) "As I thought," he said, "no better from this side."

Reminds of one of my favorites quotes:
Henry Ford, US automobile industrialist (1863 - 1947) wrote:If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.

Here's the thing: pretend like you like us; pretend like you respect us; pretend like you appreciate our efforts to help; then ask with all that pretending well in place.

It might come out something like this:
kingdaddy wrote:I'm having an issue where... (insert above relevant, kindly stated details here) ... and I'm not sure exactly what elements might be relevant to helping figure it out. Any suggestions where to start?

When it looks like that, even a grumpy old man like me might respond. 8)

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am

Sorry, I have to call it like I see it and Smoothie has been real shitty to me on several occasions even before he was mod, now that he is I'm forced to deal with his attitude and dislike for me if I want help from Cinemar. However, the other forum members here have been great and gone out of their way many times to help me so i'm quite appreciative of that.

I didn’t think my post was that negative, more beaten down then anything. I mean, some problem always pops up out of nowhere without any changes to my system and every new version is a little less stable and solid and the only answer I ever get from Smoothie is “its your machine”. I have never had any such problem in the past, only MLS, Mul and TV Lobby has been a pain and now I can add ML to the list, the only thing that works consistently is DVD Lobby.

Too much, all I want is to get a working system and I don’t want to touch it ever again, I’m not into tweaking this interface, its about utility and it has failed miserably at that, its nothing but a constant pain and only works occasionally.

BTW, about the same time I also noticed that Mul is unbelievable slow at loading the thumbs, about 5 times longer then the past.

My real issue is the fact that Cinemar doesn’t seem to care in the slightest when there is an issue, nearly all of my problems go unsolved or I have to find a cumbersome work around.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:04 pm

I think I can speak for the majority that you are in the definate minority.

To Greg's point, it is really difficult to go out of one's way when you are consistently (since day one) negative about just about everything. It is not inspiring in the least. That's human nature.

From day one on this forum you spoke of getting kicked off of J. river's forum (which you say you have no idea on how that happened). Now I see you posting on CQCs forum and getting immediate similar reaction there. Is this no suprise to you? How's that working for you?

enough said.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:40 pm

smoothtlk wrote:I think I can speak for the majority that you are in the definate minority.

To Greg's point, it is really difficult to go out of one's way when you are consistently (since day one) negative about just about everything. It is not inspiring in the least. That's human nature.

From day one on this forum you spoke of getting kicked off of J. river's forum (which you say you have no idea on how that happened). Now I see you posting on CQCs forum and getting immediate similar reaction there. Is this no suprise to you? How's that working for you?

enough said.

So no help?

Only disparaging remarks as usual, I rest my case concerning your attitude toward me.

As usual I will have to rely on the good members of this forum if I am to get any real help, thanks for nothing once again Smoothie.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ML stops responding, closing and restarting fixes....

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:56 pm

kingdaddy wrote: when I try a IR programmed button nothing works so I have to close ML on my Airpanel and restart, then it always works.

Is the Airpanel going into sleep mode and shutting off the network card? If yes can you configure it to not do that and see if it makes any difference?

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Re: ML stops responding, closing and restarting fixes....

Postby kingdaddy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:49 pm

DPerrico wrote:
kingdaddy wrote: when I try a IR programmed button nothing works so I have to close ML on my Airpanel and restart, then it always works.

Is the Airpanel going into sleep mode and shutting off the network card? If yes can you configure it to not do that and see if it makes any difference?

No, I've already configured the Airpanel to not go into sleep mode. As I said, nothing has changed about any of my setup and where it worked perfectly well before it doesn’t now. Its definitely something in ML, I can change scenes and flip through the pages in DVD Lobby but I cant execute any commands from any other buttons including the transport controls in DVD Lobby.

Thanks for responding.

Return to “MainLobby Public Bug Report”