ML3 Upgrades

In this forum you can share tips and tricks on how to use Cinemar products with some program or a task that you want it to do. So no one has to reinvent the wheel if you already did! (No questions in this forum only solutions, questions will be deleted without hesitation.)

phynigan

ML3 Upgrades

Postby phynigan » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:38 am

Morning all,

I have just purchased the ML3 suite upgrade and finished rebuilding my HTPC, was wondering if I should install my previous versions of ML server, DVDLobby, PPC and all other sub-components and back ups before receiving the upgrades. Or should I wait and install the upgrade of ML and Server 3 fresh?

Thanks in advance

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:09 am

You don't have to uninstall. Just backup the MLServer and Cinemar directories and install over the top of the existing. Make sure you run the database Updater in MLServer during the install.

If things don't work, you can always install ML3 to a Cinemar_ML3 directory so you see what files go where. Then you will have the Cinemar_BU (your old stuff), the new stuff, and you can manually combine in the standard directory. The databases have to be updated via the MLS3 installer though.

Remember that .dll files in MLServer have to be unregistered with Windows before moving and registered for them to work. Regsvr32.exe "filepath/filename.dll" /u to unregister and without the /u to register.

Return to “Tips, Tricks and Tutorials”