Emulating a Radio Button Group [Example Scene Included]

In this forum you can share tips and tricks on how to use Cinemar products with some program or a task that you want it to do. So no one has to reinvent the wheel if you already did! (No questions in this forum only solutions, questions will be deleted without hesitation.)

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Emulating a Radio Button Group [Example Scene Included]

Postby mcascio » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:22 pm

I've attached a sample scene that shows how one might create a Radio Button Group and show status/tint change to the buttons.

A few things you'll note in the scene is the label field, MLServeCmd and the local Off State Value for each button in the Button States Panel. You'll also notice the OFF state has a green tint to for each button.

We are essentially setting a variable everytime a button is pressed. If the buttons local Off state equals that value, then tint it to green.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

justmikie
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby justmikie » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:21 am

I downloaded radiobuttons, and when I run the file, the color doesn't change to green. The variable is changing, I can see it in mlserver... but no color change.

Since I was having problems with my menu (in my other post) I reloaded ML and MLServer.

Prior to my reinstall, I got the green color change on the original file. When I saved it with a new name (same file), the color no longer changed.

HELP.

justmikie
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby justmikie » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:15 pm

oops :oops:
I had the color intensity set to 0. not so good. It works much better when you set it higher :lol:

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:07 pm

Mario,

Thanks very much. It is amazing how something you wipped up in probably five minutes proved invaluable to me. Saved me hours of hair pulling and head banging.

Thanks again,
Jesse

gregking

Postby gregking » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:12 pm

Actually, that's very easy to have happen. It is a bug in ML that's messed me over several times. The value goes back to 0 very often.

gk
justmikie wrote:oops :oops:
I had the color intensity set to 0. not so good. It works much better when you set it higher :lol:

justmikie
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby justmikie » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:23 pm

In my case the bug was in me. I forgot to set it in the first place. I haven't had a problem since then

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:23 pm

Hi Greg,

Not doubting you, but I have not had that happen to me. My settings have stuck just fine.

Jesse

Return to “Tips, Tricks and Tutorials”