Dish DVR interface sucks

In this forum you can share tips and tricks on how to use Cinemar products with some program or a task that you want it to do. So no one has to reinvent the wheel if you already did! (No questions in this forum only solutions, questions will be deleted without hesitation.)

jprosiak

Dish DVR interface sucks

Postby jprosiak » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:37 pm

So I am running windows 7 DVR for all of my local shows and dish DVR for my premium shows. I hate the dish DVR interface. Has anyone found a way to use mainlobby as the program guide for dish and schedule recordings? I am trying not to leave dish because they somehow are giving me more premium channels than I am paying for.

If it's not possible, i am open to suggestions.
-Joe

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dish DVR interface sucks

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:34 am

There is not too much we can do at this time. There is no public protocol for controlling Dish DVRs like DirecTV. IP control is possible because Slingbox and Google TV can remote control a Dish DVR over the network and dish have iPad and Android apps. To this date I have not been able to track down any information as to how they do it.

jprosiak

Re: Dish DVR interface sucks

Postby jprosiak » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:20 pm

Well.... I could use the hauppage 1212 and window 7 DVR. Can main lobby replace the windows 7 media center interface?
-Joe

Return to “Tips, Tricks and Tutorials”