I have a touch screen visible from within my Great Room where most of the TV watching occurs.
Being as lazy as I am and wanting to automate just about anything...I wanted to be able to use my IR remote control to adjust the thermostat.
Use my IR remote to adjust the thermostat (HEAT, COOL, OFF, AUTO, FAN, HEAT SETPOINT UP/DOWN, COOL SETPOINT UP/DOWN)
But since I cannot visually see the thermostat, use a touch screen visible from within the same room to switch scenes and display the thermostat information.
MainLobby and MLServer
USBUIRT Plugin & USBUIRT Hardware
IR Remote Control
While I haven't completed this project yet, I've built the user interface first that is attached and outlined the steps below that others may benefit from.
* Learn Generic IR Codes into USBUIRT that you'll use to later trigger macros in MLServer
* Have the USBUIRT trigger MLServeCmd Macros for each option: (HEAT, COOL, OFF, AUTO, FAN, HEAT SETPOINT UP/DOWN, COOL SETPOINT UP/DOWN)
* Setup MLTIMER 1 for 10 seconds, Run Once and have it send: MLcmd|myClient1~MLBackScene
* Then for example the AdjustHeatSetPointUp Macro might look like this:
Your macro's will vary based upon the clientname and the thermostat you are using.
As you continually press the remote button to AdjustHeatSetPointUP the Touchscreen will remain on that scene and visually show that value changing in large text. After 10 seconds of not pressing the remote, it will then return to the scene it was on.
Hope this helps generate further ideas in the community.
In this forum you can share tips and tricks on how to use Cinemar products with some program or a task that you want it to do. So no one has to reinvent the wheel if you already did! (No questions in this forum only solutions, questions will be deleted without hesitation.)
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 8270
- Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:03 pm
- Location: Kenosha, Wi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest