Creating the ultimate Super Bowl Party Experience

In this forum you can share tips and tricks on how to use Cinemar products with some program or a task that you want it to do. So no one has to reinvent the wheel if you already did! (No questions in this forum only solutions, questions will be deleted without hesitation.)

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Creating the ultimate Super Bowl Party Experience

Postby mcascio » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:28 pm

So while this tip may be a little late, some may remember it next year during Football season.

We threw a Super Bowl party this past weekend to support the Packer's. I've attended a few Packer games and realized the parties we'd thrown for some of the games lacked that feeling of being at the game.

I did a little research to see what music was played while at the game during touchdowns, timeouts etc.
I added a few buttons to a MainLobby scene and labeled them:
TouchDown - Plays Todd Rundgren's Bang a Drum
Timeout - Plays House of Pain - Jump Around
Win - Plays Black Eyed Peas I Gotta Feeling
Go Pack Go - Popular Chant at the Staidum
STOP - stops music and turns off Russound Zone

Our great room has rear speakers that double as a whole house audio zone through the Russound but also has a 7.1 sound system. At the right moments, I would hit the proper button on the iPad (Remoted into another system using Splashtop Remote) to power the Russound zone on and play the music track during the game. The stop button turned off the music and powered off that Russound zone. This really seemed to amp up the crowd in our great room and probably encouraged the Packer's mentally as well. :)

I used MLMusicPlayer to trigger the songs.

Something really easy to setup and seemed to add a little more fun into the game.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

MurrayW
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: Creating the ultimate Super Bowl Party Experience

Postby MurrayW » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Now only if you could get MainLobby running on Jerry's big screen in Cowboys stadium, that would truly be the ultimate Super Bowl experience!

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: Creating the ultimate Super Bowl Party Experience

Postby mcascio » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:18 pm

We recently completed a project controlling the ESPNU Newsroom...so we're taking baby steps. :)
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “Tips, Tricks and Tutorials”