Event visual notification

In this forum you can share tips and tricks on how to use Cinemar products with some program or a task that you want it to do. So no one has to reinvent the wheel if you already did! (No questions in this forum only solutions, questions will be deleted without hesitation.)

Engerland

Event visual notification

Postby Engerland » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:54 pm

I am wondering if there is a way to visually display the condition of a contact on a keypad that is compatible with Cinemar. For example, my wife likes Control4 in that a LED on a keypad can be programmed to turn to a certain color if the garage door is open. Is there an equivalent ability in the Cinemar range?

If this is not possible how would you alert the end user that the garage was open?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: Event visual notification

Postby DavidL » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:39 am

Yes, you can can show a picture of a garage door in a down state or up.
You can show an LED green or red,
You can tell over your whole house audio system that the door is moving up vs. down
There is a flash image in the MainLobby library of a garage door that accepts a 0 - 100 input to show the garage door graphically at any position open vs closed. You can even show a picture of your car behind that garage door if it is home or not

You can pretty much do whatever you can think of.

There really isn't anything I can think of that Control4 can do that MainLobby can't. The opposite is by far not true.

It will take some understanding of both hardware / software to get it to happen, but you aren't limited by much.
Here's an example of a deluxe approach that MainLobby supports:
http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/index. ... topic=3184

Engerland

Postby Engerland » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:56 pm

Thank-you for your reply and for the information and link.

Just to clarify, are there dimmers, switches or keypads that have LEDs whose colors can be modified (if so which brand) or are you thinking of another pieces of hardware for LEDs?

Also, I would also like to use an all-in one remote for my system. In your opinion which is best? Is the Philips Pronto series compatible with Cinemar and lighting, TV,temperature, video and MP3 playback?

Many thanks again for your thoughts.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:03 pm

oh ok. You were speaking of a "conventional" button pad (discrete hardware). I was speaking of an in wall touchscreen where you can add a software based button pad with a software LED "light".

I am sure there are a number of options...first thing that comes to mind are some X10 multiswitch rocker switches the have an LED that illuminates when On. So, when the garage door is Up, turn that X10 address "ON" (via MLInsteonPLM plugin for example) and the LED for that X10 address would lite up.

I am sure there is a UPB equivelent (better quality than X10), a ZWave equivelent (use Tallus's TZWave application with MainLobby) or many other hardware systems (Vantage, Litetouch, etc).

Or just hang a touchpanel and go full featured and wow your wife on what you can do that Control4 can't touch :)

Return to “Tips, Tricks and Tutorials”