Scene Layering Strategies

In this forum you can share tips and tricks on how to use Cinemar products with some program or a task that you want it to do. So no one has to reinvent the wheel if you already did! (No questions in this forum only solutions, questions will be deleted without hesitation.)

jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby jjjukebox » Sun May 10, 2009 8:11 am

Ron,

As for the FireFly remote, I use one for each client that has a TV attached and have set a unique remote address for each.

The Firefly has an XML profile for each app you want to control. I made one for ML where all you basically do is assign key board keystrokes to the buttons on the remote.

My BackgroundFX scene has hidden buttons with different keystrokes assigned to each button. When you press a button on the remote, it sends a keystroke to ML, the appropriate button in ML picks up the keystroke and executes what ever command or command map macro assigned to that button.

I have 2 view modes on these clients PC & TV. I use the "FireFly" button on the remote to toggle between them. PC mode is set when I toggle to view my ML content and TV mode is set when I toggle to watch whatever video content I am currently watching (DVD,Sat, VCR etc). It also set the the appropriate TV and stereo receiver inputs for each

If I am watching TV then the remote control commands are sent to the video device I am currenting watching. When in PC mode the commands are sent to ML to navigate to scenes and navigate within scenes.

An example of the command on one of these buttons is:
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{{{{{clientname}}CurrentRoom}}ViewMode}}##TV##HomeTekTV.OnScreen.{{{{{{clientname}}CurrentRoom}}MediaType}}.Right##HomeTekTV.OnScreen.{{{{clientname}}OnscreenGallery}}.Right

When ML is displayed on the TV in that room I can either use a wireless Gyro mouse to navigate normally or when the FireFly remote is used It displays a alternative set of scenes for TV use.

For example in the figure below, I use the UP and DOWN buttons to select the video source I want to watch and then hit the OK button to watch it. It uses MLCycleStates to hightlite the appropriate button and image as I navigate. The apropriate button command map then changes the TV and Stereo Reciever inputs for that video source

The text and image buttons are dynamically created depending on the video sources available in that room.

Hope that sort of explains it.

Later
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J.J. Jukebox

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun May 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Ron; Every time I think I am done and satisfoed, you revele more about how your interface works, and then I want that feature as well. :lol:

I was already thinking about making a slide out panel much like the To Do list in the 0026 interface, so I will incorporate your pointer method there.

Thanks for the assist!
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Sun May 10, 2009 3:21 pm

DaveB wrote:Ron; Thanks for the assist!

You're welcome Dave. I appreciate the compliments. I always learn something from your posts.

To coin an old expression, "Tit For Tat". :D

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Sun May 10, 2009 3:22 pm

J.J.,

Thanks for the detailed explanation of how you're using the Firely remote. I'll check it out.

Thanks,

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

Return to “Tips, Tricks and Tutorials”