Archiving Movie Wizard - Sample Scenes

In this forum you can share tips and tricks on how to use Cinemar products with some program or a task that you want it to do. So no one has to reinvent the wheel if you already did! (No questions in this forum only solutions, questions will be deleted without hesitation.)

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Archiving Movie Wizard - Sample Scenes

Postby mcascio » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:46 pm

We've produced some sample scenes for users and plan to incorporate into a future release. We thought we'd get some input from users before releasing.

This will require MLClientSvc, DVDLobby and the MLDMR plugin and that all settings are completed in DVDLobby's Network Tab.

More info to follow and questions welcome.

The scenes are attached and should be placed in your Movies folder just off the Content folder.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:17 am

nice Mario.

The step by step process is a good one.

Suggest you may want to add the "genre" and "rating" selection option though.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:52 am

Hi Kevin,

WHile not functional yet, the EDIT button next to the movie title would allow them to change the movie details fields including genre and rating.

The steps could be reduced from 5 to 3 if the user always rips from and to the same locations. This wizard allows read/write location changes to take place.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:11 am

Just seeing if anyone else has had a chance to review these scenes.

I'd also be curious to know if anyone is finding them helpful or do most just use the interface of their preferred ripping software and do not require a user interface for this from MainLobby.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:24 pm

What about intagrating some of the other popular ripping tools like dvdshrink? it would be nice to be able to choose different programs depending on tastes and prefrance. i like anydvd and dvdshrink to rip to iso's. its super easy plus i like being able to keep the menues and control funtion of the dvds. just a thought.

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:52 pm

mcascio wrote:Just seeing if anyone else has had a chance to review these scenes.

I'd also be curious to know if anyone is finding them helpful or do most just use the interface of their preferred ripping software and do not require a user interface for this from MainLobby.

My clients strictly use a mainlobby ripping UI that I developed months ago so I would imagine many people are using this concept. You have my scenes if I'm not mistaken already. :)

rcschauer

AWESOME

Postby rcschauer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:47 pm

This is really GREAT. I've been putting a large system together for months now and I'm just getting around to testing out these scenes. This is going to be the icing on the cake as they say... Has anything changed or been updated with these scenes since they were released?

AccessHA
Expert
Expert

Postby AccessHA » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:00 pm

Outstanding, this is great. I would much rather use ML because it consolidates everything into one place.
Hell-bent on automating everything! I’m too lazy to do anything else.

www.accessHA.com
Access Home Automation
The ultimate Insteon resource on the web.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: AWESOME

Postby mcascio » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:30 am

rcschauer wrote:This is really GREAT. I've been putting a large system together for months now and I'm just getting around to testing out these scenes. This is going to be the icing on the cake as they say... Has anything changed or been updated with these scenes since they were released?

I don't think there have been any changes to the scenes since.

As I mentioned, if you always use the same drives you can really consolidate this further.

3 Buttons will do it all...LOOKUP, ARCHIVE, SAVE
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Re: Archiving Movie Wizard - Sample Scenes

Postby donburkard » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:49 pm

Im having a problem seeing my drives. The only drive that comes up in the step one scene is z:. This is my main unraid server and not a disk drive.Y: is my second unraid server and that isnt showing up either. I am using my laptop to test it but the disk drive (D:) is not showing up for some reason. All of the drives on my network, hds or disk drives, are shared. Am i missing something? Is there somewhere in mlserver that i can input all the hds and disk drives on my network so everything will play nice? Anyway are these scenes usable or am i just an idiot? Thanks
Hooked on HighDef

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Re: Archiving Movie Wizard - Sample Scenes

Postby donburkard » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:51 pm

oh yea, sorry i forgot. I have my unraid setup by genre ie. comedy, drama, etc. Will i be able to put the movies i rip directly into the correct folders? thanks

good game. The Saints needed that.
Hooked on HighDef

mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re:

Postby mnkynifefite » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:08 pm

donburkard wrote:What about intagrating some of the other popular ripping tools like dvdshrink? it would be nice to be able to choose different programs depending on tastes and prefrance. i like anydvd and dvdshrink to rip to iso's. its super easy plus i like being able to keep the menues and control funtion of the dvds. just a thought.

I second that, as I only use DVDFab.

Return to “Tips, Tricks and Tutorials”