Gateway Media server.... connect to MLServer?

Have a great idea about how to expand DVDLobby post it here
sdh1230

Gateway Media server.... connect to MLServer?

Postby sdh1230 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:08 am

I have a gateway 220 media server that has its own built in software and connects to an IP of your choice (the computer), for playback of media files. The media server creates an access database from which the information is stored when you import the files.

I also know of tivo allowing one to manually punch in an IP address, why not have it be the IP of the MLserver?

It seems with these two devices I should somehow be able to have them connect to and run the dvdlobby application... even if the software somehow needed to get loaded onto the tivo or gateway server to do so... its a neat concept.. aint it?

Would be a great way to launch movies without having to go to the PC all the time...

I'd like feedback from the group. For a serious person interested (that has some serious postings and programming skills I'll even ship you one of these gateway units with the card for testing purposes...

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:20 am

Not quite understanding what you are trying to do. There is no DVDLobby / Gateway media server integration.
I doubt there are many that are using that to substantiate the cost in writing a plugin.

sdh1230

Postby sdh1230 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:46 am

tbe goal is to have your tivo or media server be able to display the dvdlobby interface so that one can launch a movie through that.

I find it hard to believe there is no one else out there that would like this capability...

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:50 am

Can you use the DVDLobby TV Interface? Just scratching here, as I have never used the device. I think the larger issue is very few MainLobby customers would also have this hardware device. Not sure why one that has Mainlobby would need the device.

sdh1230

Postby sdh1230 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:53 am

I can find the download for DVDlobby pro, and the download for tvlobby
but I see no download or page for DVDlobby TV...?

Can you direct me to the URL of the page in which I can download this program to work on my TV?

thanks

Return to “DVDLobby Feature Requests”