Genre Edit

Have a great idea about how to expand DVDLobby post it here
anoldman

Genre Edit

Postby anoldman » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:46 pm

So, you're browsing your movies and it seems that Star Wars Episode III is listed as a Horror film.

So, you:
1 ) go to MLServer machine
2 ) "Restore" MLServer
3 ) click on DVDLobby plug-in name in list
4 ) click Settings button
5 ) browse movie list to find movie
6 ) click on edit
7 ) find tab with Genres on it
8 ) highlight and remove offending Genre

FOR ONE MOVIE!

If you want to ADD a Genre, you must TYPE the name of the Genre. There is no drop-down of standard or already-used Genres.

So, if you mistype your Genre entry, you will have TWO Genres. Like SCIENCE FICTION and SCEINCE FICTION.

How 'bout a button in DVDLobby3 that brings up a "Genre Edit" screen for the currently displayed movie like this:

Most of the symbols exist in DVDLobby already, as well as the code to get available genres. The code to put them in a scrolling window you have already in DVDLobby PPC - listing movies when a genre is selected.
You don't even really need the add/subtract arrows. If genre is clicked on in either window, it could automatically change sides.

justmikie
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby justmikie » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 pm

Add to that that I could add my own custom genre, like Favorites, or Great, Good, etc...

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:20 pm

... and that we'd actually be on our way to having a USER be albe to add movies... :roll:

I suspect at least some of this is possible with an AccessDB editing method... though I'm not the one to do that. :P

anoldman

Postby anoldman » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:45 am

There is code and menus INSIDE dvdlobby3.swf for adding a movie from the client side. It just either hasn't been fully implemented yet, or has been set aside because it doesn't work properly.

blafarm
Expert
Expert

Postby blafarm » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:53 am

I'd love a genre editing feature like this - as doing it in Access is really a bummer.

Return to “DVDLobby Feature Requests”