XBMC Control an Import Request

Have a great idea about how to expand DVDLobby post it here
dave.neill

XBMC Control an Import Request

Postby dave.neill » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:36 pm

I there any plans for XMBC http://xbmc.org/ integration into DVD Lobby for control as it seems to be a very widely used open source software ?

I only ask as I am looking for an alternative to Media tank as I have not received any support for the new Popcorn Hour C200.

Also possible movie import from Ember Media Management software http://www.embermm.com/projects/embermm?

Thanks

Looking forward to DVD Lobby 3.90

Dave

dave.neill

Re: XBMC Control an Import Request

Postby dave.neill » Tue May 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi
Could anyone please respond to any control obtained between DVD Lobby and Xbmc as I am very keen to find out if any one has had any success ????

Help Please ????

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue May 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Don't remember anyone using DVDLobby with XBMC. Are you trying to use the XBMC as a DVD player remote controlled via DVDLobby? Does XBMC support a command line or other external control means?

dave.neill

Postby dave.neill » Tue May 04, 2010 9:12 pm

Yes that is right !! I love the Xbmc GUI and just want to be able to use the DVDlobby to launch movies from my NAS drive the link to the wiki is http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual. As I am not a programmer I have trouble understanding and how to write scripts etc so was just trying to find some one with more knowledge than me to find out if it was possible.

I have been able to launch using web commands but browser always launches when excecuted and this was not through DVD lobby.

Any help would be great ?

Cheers
Dave

dave.neill

Postby dave.neill » Sat May 15, 2010 12:08 am

Is any one able to tell me if this is possible or start me on the right track as Dave you responded but now nothing. As I have it working with web server but browser will launch all the time so I need to now if it can work through telnet or something along those lines ??

Could you please have a look at links above and let me know your opinion.

Dave

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat May 15, 2010 1:04 am

There are no plans at the current time to integrate DVDLobby into XMBC. If there is a lot of interest it may be considered. I would first suggest that you look at the new remote control capabilities built into MainLobby / DVDLobby 3.90.

benny32

Postby benny32 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:13 pm

I'm am also interested in a plugin for XBMC. I have the newest version of dvdlobby and it does a great job for my movies but I'm looking for something to handle the many many TV episodes I have as well. I'm not knocking DVDlobby, I love it, but it doesn't seem to be designed to handle TV content, it is called DVDlobby after all. I could probably make dvdlobby work if I loaded each episode separately into the content manager but that's not really practical. From a integration standpoint it looks like xbmc has come a long way and they even have a two way remote management interface that looks like it would be a great platform agnostic solution. I'm not really a developer but after browsing their wiki and forums it looks like a great solution. I realize this hasn't burned up the forums with people begging for it so I would even consider paying someone for a plugin like this depending on the costs. If anyone is interested please pm me and we can talk.

Here's the link to the wiki documentation on their remote management interface.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSON_RPC#Enabling_JSON_RPC

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:21 am

Take a look at SageTV / MLSageTV plugin. Handles TV fine.

benny32

Postby benny32 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:25 am

Was there a different one than the Tallus one? That one doesn't seem to be available any longer from their shop. There is still info on the wiki about it but no working option to buy it. Worst case scenario I guess I could do all this with IR and but it would have been nice to get direct integration. Of the two setups I guess I prefer XBMC.

benny32

Postby benny32 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:50 pm

Is there an up to date Sage plugin anywhere? I've only found the wiki links for the Tallus one and it's no longer sold via their website. I would like to try this out if it's still available before exploring the possibility of hiring out the XBMC plugin.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:39 pm

Ooops...forgot to add MLSageTV to Tallus new shopping cart.
Here is a link:

http://www.talluscorp.com/shop/index.ph ... ex&cPath=5

Here is more info on it:
http://talluscorp.com/mediawiki//index. ... eTV_Plugin

Thanx for looking.

Return to “DVDLobby Feature Requests”