How about a plug in for Popcorn Hour A-110

Have a great idea about how to expand DVDLobby post it here
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:30 pm

Yeah they are hard to get. They ship directly from China and only when they have a large enough order. I'm trying to get my hands on one but right now they are not shipping anything because China is closed down for the New year.

mwebster
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mwebster » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:23 pm

CinemarDave,

Why did you chose this over the Sage product?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:53 pm

I haven't chosen it over any product. It has had really great reviews on many sites and I wanted to get my hands on one for possible integration into the Cinemar suite. More of a curiosity rather than anything else.

Texsun

Postby Texsun » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:36 pm

DavidL wrote:PVR.STV1|Play~file
is the basis of what you would put into a DVDLobby "Location" PlayMovie command.

I bought 3 of the Sage HD 200's and am now working on setting them up as a location in DVDLobby. I've added one as a location in DVDLobby plugin as "SageHD200 Living Room" and am trying to figure out the MLServeCmd to play a movie. How do I specify which of the HD 200's to send it to and would the play command look like this?

Macro|SetVariable|media_{{clientname}}_transport_source~SageHD200_Living_Room!MLDVDLobby|MakeSource~{{media_{{clientname}}_transport_source}}!PVR.STV1{{media_{{clientname}}_activeplayer}}|PlayMovie~<<file>>

Also, if you'd prefer, I can start a new thread as this has wandered off the initial topic a bit - :wink:

digitaltrader

Postby digitaltrader » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:07 am

I know the popcorn hour supports .iso files. Does the sage product support .iso as well? Ideally this would be a much cleaner solution than the PCs I have been using.

digitaltrader

Postby digitaltrader » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:39 am

I just did a little research and the HD200 looks nice with the already developed plugin but the hardware isn't up to par with the popcorn A-110. If you don't really care about LPCM, True-HD, and DTS-MA playback (bitstream or not), then go for Sage HD Theater (HD200). If you want LPCM, True-HD, and DTS-MA bitstreaming, then the A-110 is the way to go.

Now if only there was a popcorn hour plugin.

Texsun

Postby Texsun » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:18 pm

digitaltrader wrote:I know the popcorn hour supports .iso files. Does the sage product support .iso as well? Ideally this would be a much cleaner solution than the PCs I have been using.

Yes, sage will play iso's ripped from DVD's, but won't play iso's from bluray. It will play the m2ts files directly just fine however.

I'd definitely be interested in the popcorn hour device if there were plugin support for it. The UI of the sage is simple and useful, but very "80's" in comparison to ML.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:05 pm

dont know if you care but this looked like a good price.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid ... -MGKITmain
Hooked on HighDef

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:42 pm

DavidL wrote:Yes, you can use DVDLobby as the selector and the HD200 as the player.

I assume that I still need the plugin to support doing this, correct? I only want to be able to play .ISO's that I have ripped, not use any of the PVR capabilities.

Anyone got the Popcorn device to work in ML yet?
Kirk

Just trying to figure it out...

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:09 pm

FYI...the Sage HD200 / MLSageTV plugin now plays BluRay...

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:38 pm

I see that the Sage Plugin's are beta and haven't been updated since Oct. Any chance that they get pushed out officially?
Kirk

Just trying to figure it out...

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:58 am

kirkfrey wrote:I see that the Sage Plugin's are beta and haven't been updated since Oct. Any chance that they get pushed out officially?

Actually there has been major updates since then (there was even an update in the last week), but the support/distribution simply moved to the Tallus web site/wiki. Just click the link in my signature for access to it...
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer
TRadio: Sirius/HD/XM radio - TChart: Chart from variable Wiki

Return to “DVDLobby Feature Requests”