a plugin for vlc player

Have a great idea about how to expand DVDLobby post it here
donburkard
Expert
Expert

a plugin for vlc player

Postby donburkard » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:58 pm

Vlc player is terribly simple but it plays .iso's without having to do anything. Its dummy proof. No mounting on virtual drives or anything fancy. Just double click on any .iso and vlc player opens it right up as if you got up, drove to the store, bought a dvd, came home, opened the nine thousand layers of plastic and stickers, put the dvd in a standard dvd player, and sat back down again. ITS EASY!!!! and it works pretty well. but no bells and whistles like other players. please make vlc player an option.

thank you

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Couldn't you use either MLFileOpen to launch an ISO file on a PC that has ISO type associated to the VNC player?

You can also use MLClientSvc on a non MLServer PC.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:43 pm

How do i do that? I have that plugin running on ml server. I looked at the plug in and i can tell how i go about doing that.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:05 am

donburkard,

There's no reason we shouldn't be able to get one of the other players working with Dameon Tools; however, if you prefer to use VLC player, it might be possible.

My concern is whether or not they will allow you to open a file just be double clicking on an ISO from Windows Explorer.

To find out, first, right click on the Windows START menu. Browse to a folder with an ISO, then right click on the ISO file and select OPEN WITH. Locate the program VLC Player and opt to always open with this program.
The press OK.

If VLC player opens and actually plays the file then the MLFileOpen command should work as well.

But let's get past this step first.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

hakha4

VLC-player

Postby hakha4 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:54 am

Hi all
New to this stuff but slowly getting one step further. I've been trying to play ISO-files with bad succes using Virtual Daemon Lite but I've been able to start VLC playing ISO-files ok by adding a play location VLC in DVDLobby with the command : Macro|MLServeCmd.MLFileOpen|C:\Program Files\Videolan\VLC\vlc.exe~{{media_os_server1_moviefile}}

I've tried to insert transport_stream etc looking at TheaterTek commands but I can't figure out how. Despite that the command above works and I'm happy with that BUT I don't know how to send fullscreen (-f or - fullscreen)to VLC. Tried Sendkeys etc. Could anyone of You experienced give me a hint how to do that
Regards

Return to “DVDLobby Feature Requests”