search and find all new posts?

This area is to offer suggestions and to provide feedback on Cinemar Forum and its software. This area is not to be used to discuss forum rules or to complain about forum actions in regards to post or users. Posts will be removed that do not follow this.
fdastoor

search and find all new posts?

Postby fdastoor » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:33 am

Is there a way that I can sign on and search and find all new posts of the previous day? I sign on at least once a day and would like to read all the new posts. At present I need to individually go to all the forum subtopics. Even then I think I miss those new posts that are responses to existing threads. :oops:
Phil

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:37 am

Phil,
On this page
http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/forum/index.php
click on the top right that says "view posts since your last visit".
That is what I use all the time. Not perfect as sometimes you get "no posts to view" dependent on if you looked at that page before, things seem to reset that you looked at everything. This is the major reason why sometimes I don't see a post and it doesn't get responded to.

fdastoor

Postby fdastoor » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:26 am

:oops: stupid of me to have missed that :oops:
As always thanks for the help

Just for your info I am systematically going thru the entire forum with a 'newbie's' point of view and collecting posts about everything I think I need to program in MLobby. When I am done I will try and post here so that others like me can benefit.

Just one more thing; I am embarrassed to be listed as a 'senior member' just because I ask so many questions. I should remain a newbie until I start helping others.

Phil
Phil

MurrayW
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby MurrayW » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:50 pm

fdastoor wrote::oops: stupid of me to have missed that :oops:
As always thanks for the help

Just for your info I am systematically going thru the entire forum with a 'newbie's' point of view and collecting posts about everything I think I need to program in MLobby. When I am done I will try and post here so that others like me can benefit.

Just one more thing; I am embarrassed to be listed as a 'senior member' just because I ask so many questions. I should remain a newbie until I start helping others.

Phil
Another trick I learned from Gregoryx is to search by author, put an * in the author field and set the time to search for the past 1 day. I usually do what smoothtlk described, but sometimes I don't get a chance to read through all the posts at one setting, so when I log in again and choose view posts since last visit, the ones that I didn't get to the 1st time do not show up...Gregoryx's method helps in these cases.

Have fun!

Murray

Return to “Forum Feedback”