Major Bones to pick with Cinemar.

This area is to offer suggestions and to provide feedback on Cinemar Forum and its software. This area is not to be used to discuss forum rules or to complain about forum actions in regards to post or users. Posts will be removed that do not follow this.
TCassio
Intermediate
Intermediate

Major Bones to pick with Cinemar.

Postby TCassio » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:18 pm

I just want start out by saying that I like the Cinemar product and I have been trying to support them. I purchased Mainlobby 2 and Music Lobby about a year ago. I recently purchased the soft release of ML3. I have not been able to use any ot the new features as of yet because of no docs,t I understood this when I purchased it.

My gripe is that your customer service at times realy sucks and other times its is very good. It seems like Cinemar is not interested in my business. Examples:

I posted a question reguarding a price guarrentee. I am interested in purchasing DVDLobby. I know there is a new version in the works and before I purchased I wanted to know if the new version was released within 30 to 60 days could I just pay the difference. Well you wouldn't give a time frame of the new release and you totally ignored the price guarentee question.

I go to buy the RJ45 to RS232 connectors for te Sony CX77ES, the price for the product is $19.95, Shipping $11.50. WOW.

I then downloaded a trial version of DVDLobby which worked for 3 days the it expired. When I ask questions about this, the response I got made me feel like I was trying to get over on Cinemar with the demo. I still did not get an answer as to why the demo did not last the 30 days.

If you need to see my other posts they can be found here.

http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/foru ... php?t=7231

http://forum.cinemaronlineforums.com/vi ... 6553073e64

I understand that you guys are busy, but you cannot neglect paying customers. You have a great product and I don't think you want to loose customers because of neglect.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:58 pm

Hi Tony,

We moved your post out of the MusicLobby questions & answers section because it didn't have anything to do with that area.

We've been exceptionally busy the past week and worked completely through the holiday. As many can vouch, we have been answering posts, emails, phone calls, PM's to the best of our ability. I personally have sent out over 50 emails today and countless PM's and answered the phones. Some will slip through the cracks or take longer to get back to. I think a 24 hour turn around time is not bad at all though and many of the posts have started dialog to find a solution or help understand the problem better.

We do not have any price guarantee's in place today. I prefer to sell users what we have to offer today not what we will promise you tomorrow in vaporware. I can't give anymore details until we've finalized them.

In regards to our pricing on the DB9 connectors. We offer some of our products as a value add and to help customers pick up the items they need as well as reduce support on customers that have problems picking up the right cable. We don't pretend to be the price leader on all items nor do we want to be a shipping house. Each DB9 connection is manually made and tested, there's packaging, label printing, order processing, then entry into a shipping program and then dropped off at the post office. All of this is completely manual and done by myself. Very little is made by time you figure out the time it takes to do all of this and isn't something we prefer to do, but again it's all about convenience for the customer. You can certainly buy the products from another vendor, figure out how to do the wiring yourself, then pay for shipping and everything else. In the end, you may save $10-15 and loose about an hour and a half of your time.

I did see your post regarding the Trial expiration but need to spend more time to look at why that may have happened. It's going to take some time and research on our end before we can get you an update.

Please bear with us. We are working as fast as we can to all customer requests.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:27 pm

Hi Tony,

You've got mail. Let me know if your trial has been extended.

Thanks.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

TCassio
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby TCassio » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:41 pm

Thanks Mario,
That took care of the problem.

I was not complaining about the price of the rs232 connectors, it was the shipping. I have these connectors in my garage, being in the computer industry I use them all the time. I was being lazy and wanted to support Cinemar.

I certianly don't want to tell you how to run your business, but from a consumers point you should look at some sort of price guarrantee. I don't mind spending money on your products but I don't like to spend foolishly. Its been made public that a new version of everything is comming and seeing that DVDLobby is the best seller it seems logical that, that will be the next release.

Again,
Thanks.
Tony

Return to “Forum Feedback”