Reorg this site?

This area is to offer suggestions and to provide feedback on Cinemar Forum and its software. This area is not to be used to discuss forum rules or to complain about forum actions in regards to post or users. Posts will be removed that do not follow this.
rileydog
Expert
Expert

Reorg this site?

Postby rileydog » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:47 am

Given all the new plugins and the forth-coming new versions, I suggest reorganizing this forum. It is getting much harder to find things.

I think it is a dis-service to have all plugins into the all exansinve "ML Plugins" folder.

As a great example of organization, look at Homeseer forum. I like how each product has their own forum - in the individual forum, there is a sticky for the latest version and release notes. It is easy for me to find the latest issues that pertain to my setup as the plugins I use are easy to navigate.

Also, the main (Homeseer) products are all grouped and 3rd party are grouped in their respective areas.

This came about as I was looking into the Russound plugin and basically the whole plugin is piled into one thread - I cannot find a note to see if my one item has been fixed. There are many pages on that one thread alone!

Thanks,

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:05 am

Way to go! That was quick! Thanks.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:23 pm

We're always open to good ideas. :)

Thanks.