Add release dates to Cinemar download page

This area is to offer suggestions and to provide feedback on Cinemar Forum and its software. This area is not to be used to discuss forum rules or to complain about forum actions in regards to post or users. Posts will be removed that do not follow this.
Wysocki
Intermediate
Intermediate

Add release dates to Cinemar download page

Postby Wysocki » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:26 pm

It'd be nce if the Cinemar download page had the release dates of the various modules posted alongside the name and version numbers. Many times I may not know exactly which version of these modules I have installed but I could easily spot a recent date that I could download. Actually, an even better way would be a smart update utility that could check everything for updates automatically but dream on!

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:47 pm

Funny you'd point it out... 'cause MLServer has some of that already with the plugins: http://www.cinemaronline.com/mlserver.html and it checks for latest versions of MLServer and some of the "built-in" plugins and updates them if you choose. It appears as though this will mature further in the near further for MLServer.

I agree that it'd be cool to add some similar functionality for ML, but I think it'd be best served through MLServer in some way... like populating variables so that a MLScheduler item can trigger announcements if that's what someone wants... or a plugin that does it all more automatically.

:D

Wysocki
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Wysocki » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:00 pm

Yeah, I agree that MLServer is great for handling some maintenance on its plugins. I was just referring to things like Musiclobby, XMLobby, TV, Web, Etc. A couple times I've posted a problem and it turns out it was fixed in an update I didn't know about. Besides, this would be a ridiculously simple thing to add to the webpage as opposed to writing code.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:37 pm

We're planning a major restructuring of how this all works. Things will get a lot better in the not too distant future.

Return to “Forum Feedback”