Logout!!

This area is to offer suggestions and to provide feedback on Cinemar Forum and its software. This area is not to be used to discuss forum rules or to complain about forum actions in regards to post or users. Posts will be removed that do not follow this.
DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Logout!!

Postby DaveB » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:19 pm

Ever since the new board and since the new version of Firefox, this board keep longing me out when I attempt to post. The problem is not consistent, but a huge pain the the arse. And yes, I have turned off the "In Private Browsing" and turned on the appropriate security to allow cookies from the board. I thought I had it fixed at one time, but it seems to be getting worse.

Not for anything, but I go into several other boards running the same software version without issue - ever. That alone tells me that it is something with the security settings on this board only.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Logout!!

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:54 pm

This was a standard install without any modifications to security. I wouldn't know what to change. Why would it single out FireFox as a problem? I use Chrome and IE and do not have any issues. Any other FireFox users experiencing the same issue?

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:25 am

Several others have reported this issue in several parts of the forum.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:45 pm

I have. Its a total kick in the stones!!! #-o
Hooked on HighDef

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:33 pm

Dave and Mario - This log out thing is getting worse. I am using Firefox as my browser, but the same problem exists with IE from my MLS server machine. I am running server 2008 OS.

Mostly, not always, if I click on a area header that has new posts under it, I get logged out very consistently. If the area header does not have new topics, I seem to stay signed in. If I do get into that group with success, and then click the subject that is new, I get logged out once more.

The absolute worst part is when I am typing a message like this. About 75% of the time after typing and then hitting submit, I get an error that I must sign in, and loose what I typed. It is so bad that I have a habit of typing a message, copying it, then submitting , just so I do not loose it.

This is the only board of 7 or 8 I regularly visit with the same machine that i experience this issue on. It is extremely annoying.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:35 am

This is a standard out of the box install of PHPBB. I know of no configuration items that I can change or should change. I use Chrome and IE and have never experienced a problem. If you are being logged out it is because your forum cookies are not being saved or are being timed out way too soon. Does Firefox have cookie settings on a per-site basis?

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:51 pm

I can set it per site, but see no reason since this is the only board that does this. The current cookie for example expires on March 6th. When I browse to the site via IE, I get the same exact issue. If I use another computer in the home, same issue. The only common thread is my router and firewall or my ISP. My overall issue is that at least three of the other boards I go into are running the same software version as you, and I have no issues at all.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Return to “Forum Feedback”