"View posts since last visit" not working?

This area is to offer suggestions and to provide feedback on Cinemar Forum and its software. This area is not to be used to discuss forum rules or to complain about forum actions in regards to post or users. Posts will be removed that do not follow this.
DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:52 am

I found somthing interesting, but I can not figure it out.

If I go to the top of the forum screen and manually Log Out, and then scroll to the bottom of the screen, I am still listed as an active registered member. Same problem Ranger is having. It looks like I am never signing off, and thus the reason why I can not see updates.

Problem is - I have no other connections to the forum that I can find, either from my blackberry, or any of my servers. Very strange.

ANy outside chance that MLRSS is keeping me logged in? Somthing is, but I can not locate it.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:11 pm

Just bumping this up - somthing is keeping me logged into this forum 24/7. That is why I am not getting updates.

I am going to reboot my MLS machine tonight and see if that fixes the issue.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:51 pm

Well, after a MLS server reboot, I finally was signed off of the board. It will be interesting to see if I get stuck signed in after this session.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:54 am

I have rebooted MLS and still cant see Posts Since Last Visit.

Intermitten over last few weeks, frustrating.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:00 pm

I do not see any issues on my end. The list of users you see on the bottom of the screen are the users who have been logged in within the last 5 minutes. It is not a real time reading. It will be normal to see yourself still logged in after logging out.

Do you get to this forum via weblobby? If so it may be WebLobby holding the page open. The activex control that weblooby uses remains in memory after use. I have no proof that it holds pages open but it would be an interesting experiment to test.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:04 pm

That must be it. This only started after I tried to use web lobby on my server which does not work. Due to server 08.

If I go to the forum page without signing in for a day or so, my if is always there. Ad is rangers. The only way to correct is to reboot my machine
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:08 pm

That must be it. This only started after I tried to use web lobby on my server which does not work. Due to server 08.

If I go to the forum page without signing in for a day or so, my if is always there. Ad is rangers. The only way to correct is to reboot my machine.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:27 pm

I haven't read through this entire thread, but if you View Recent Posts from multiple computers it seems to reset itself. So most likely there is a cookie that the forum puts on that specific pc the user is accessing from.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:46 pm

mcascio wrote:I haven't read through this entire thread, but if you View Recent Posts from multiple computers it seems to reset itself. So most likely there is a cookie that the forum puts on that specific pc the user is accessing from.

Agree - but when I clear cookies from my MLS machine that I use mostly to browse the forum, my signon does not clear. The only fix that both Ranger and I have found is to reboot the machine. THat is why we all started pointing at weblobby. It was not until I started trying to get it to work that this problem developed.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

TCassio
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby TCassio » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:13 am

What I found is this problem only seems to exist with IE, I have 3 other browsers installed and the view new posts work fine.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:12 am

That is not exactly the case. The problem exists for me due to my server running on MS Server 2008, which is not compatable with WebLobby. It was Weblobby that was holding the connection open. As soon as I rebooted and did not load weblobby, the issue went away.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Return to “Forum Feedback”