Getting emails of new posts

This area is to offer suggestions and to provide feedback on Cinemar Forum and its software. This area is not to be used to discuss forum rules or to complain about forum actions in regards to post or users. Posts will be removed that do not follow this.
Scott

Getting emails of new posts

Postby Scott » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:17 pm

Is there away to configure my profile to send me an email everytime there is a new post with the information of that post. I can do with some other newsgroups sites, but can not find the option in this one.

Thanks

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:30 pm

At the bottom of a forum post, there is a subscribe option. "Watch this topic for Replies"

Scott

Postby Scott » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:47 pm

I was hoping there was an option to subscribe to all the forums and threads and automatically see any new posts in my email. How are you able to see this posts so fast?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:58 pm

I don't think there is an option to get emailed with each new post. I suspect you would get tired of that after the first several hundred.

I can respond quick because I check "Check for new posts since last visit" at the top right corner of the forum home page and look many, many times a day. Maybe this will also work for your needs.

Scott

Postby Scott » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:03 pm

Ok that's what I've been doing, but I didn't think you would be refreshing it that much. Wow! I do this with the Control4 forums I belong to and I get probably 75 emails a day. It's real easy to read through because I have a special rule for them that flags em purple. No big deal.

deanb2

Postby deanb2 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:53 pm

I use an RSS Reader (Awasu) as an easy way to see all of the forums, with the newest posts at the top of the list. Then I just check the reader occasionaly, and it pops up a little window when it gets new messages, too.

Dean

Scott

Postby Scott » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:27 pm

This is a nice program. I haven't used an RSS program in years. Problem solved, thanks!

Return to “Forum Feedback”