Cinemar Downloads: login issues

This area is to offer suggestions and to provide feedback on Cinemar Forum and its software. This area is not to be used to discuss forum rules or to complain about forum actions in regards to post or users. Posts will be removed that do not follow this.
Wysocki
Intermediate
Intermediate

Cinemar Downloads: login issues

Postby Wysocki » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:35 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum section but it's as close as I could get. I bought Roboform to manage my zillions of logins and passwords. It works great except for ONE site. The Cinemar download login page. Roboform support says that it's a rare exception since the page has a Flash login instead of whatever everyone else uses. Is there an alternative page I can login with that Roboform can handle? Or how about putting a checkbox on the page saying "Remember me on this computer".

Admittedly, it's not a page that I have to deal with frequently, but on the other hand, that's why it's a problem --- It's harder to remember the infrequently used username/password. Since Cinemar products are so locked down with registration and activation codes these days, you could put the downloads on an unprotected page and it wouldn't increase piracy.

One last rant: A long time ago we asked for dates or version numbers on the modules listed on the download page. Is it that hard to program in Flash? Maybe HTML/PHP might save a lot of work.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:25 pm

Wysocki, The flash login for registered users is the only login.

The great majority of products is available without login by clicking Help / Additional Software Downloads from MLServer latest releases.

Since we have incorporated licensing in the majority of the products, all updates are accessible to all without login. That page shows version.
We are working on a means to update the website, the registered users area and the Additional software downloads And the installed plugins updater from a single database to make it a bit more efficient to update everything. The Additional Software Downloads is where you should be now.

Return to “Forum Feedback”