Spam in forum

This area is to offer suggestions and to provide feedback on Cinemar Forum and its software. This area is not to be used to discuss forum rules or to complain about forum actions in regards to post or users. Posts will be removed that do not follow this.
RonX

Spam in forum

Postby RonX » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:27 am

Is there any way to reduce the spam in the RSS feeds? I know that the offending posts and users are immediately deleted from the forums, but if you can implement a security checking in the user signup (typing text from garbled images) this can be avoided.

Thank you

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:37 am

RonX,
Don't think that is possible.
There are security checks in place, but these idiot spammers are manually creating accounts every day, many times a day and posting BS that no one reads anyway and that I delete in minutes so no one needs to on the forum.

Wish there was because it consumes about 1/2 hr of my day, every day and night. Absolutely idiotic.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:48 pm

I too am personally deleting a dozen or more bogus users on this forum every day. The security features are turned on that makes the new user have to enter the chars from the graphic along with sending an email confirmation back. They still get in. A royal pain but we all feel it not just the folks on the RSS feed.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:19 pm

When you think you have it bad, just remember that I am now getting over 30,000 emails every week to just one of my email accounts. And no, those aren't Cinemar inquires. :( It's a full time job just sifting through the garbage. I think we need big brother to step in pretty soon.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “Forum Feedback”