Screenshots of your layout

Place to post your creations and discuss them, attachments are currently limited to 512kb. Please notify administrator to post larger files.
htsource
Intermediate
Intermediate

Screenshots of your layout

Postby htsource » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:33 pm

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible for others to post their layouts similar to the download section with remotecentral.com. It'd help newbie such as myself to get a few ideas from others to get started.

The samples from MainLobby are great but more would be better :)

Thanks,

Simon

jwilson56

Postby jwilson56 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:57 am

Nobody replied to this? As someone who is sitting on the sideline wondering if I should abandon my own project and jump on MainLobby/MusicLobby I would love to see some examples on how people are using theirs. As an owner of a MX-500 remote I am not convinced that MainLobby is worth the effort, but I am open minded so convince me with some examples of what you are doing. Thanks

John

keyvan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby keyvan » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:02 pm

OK; so here are some prt scr shrunk images of my mainlobby scenes.
The DVD and Music Centre menu items just go to DVDLobby and MusicLobby respectively which have not been modified much. Nothing too exciting I'm afraid

hjackson

Postby hjackson » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:26 am

Here are some of my scenes.

hjackson[/img]

jwilson56

Postby jwilson56 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:48 am

You find it handy to control your system using this screen on a touch screen over using a nice remote control like the MX-500?
John

ChemicaL

Postby ChemicaL » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:27 pm

It all depends how and who will be using the system. Hard-button remotes are one way to provide input to the system, touchscreens are another.

Not sure if the MX-500 allows macros to each button or not, but the non-IR, TCP/IP route in which my airpanel controls everything makes it nice for roaming without a fugly IR net with IR-RF relays, etc.

Touchscreens are highly modifiable to provide 'icon' operation . I suppose if I was going to go for a small handheld remote, I'd go the Pronto route for the macroing and good looks.

In the end, they're just different ways to get the same information into the system.

jwilson56

Postby jwilson56 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:36 pm

The MX-500 can handle quite elaborate macros and the newer MX700 offers an USB interface making it much easier to program. I prefer the tactile feel of a button in my hand to operate in the dark. The MX-500 has a cool blue lightup scheme if you need to see the buttons. I love touch screens for the music and dvd databases and things like that. I am just not convinced anyone around here will want to use one for watching movies or operate Tivo, ect.

John

gfabiii

My screen shots

Postby gfabiii » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:06 am

My first try at screen shots. The lights around the start screen flash and change patterns. I converted animated GIFs to .swf files. When I click Weather Today HAL2000 will announce today’s locale weather forecast same with tomorrows forecast and time.

gfabiii

X10 controles

Postby gfabiii » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:09 am

My X10 control screen

gfabiii

HAL2000

Postby gfabiii » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:14 am

My HAL 2000 Homenet controls

gfabiii

More screen shots

Postby gfabiii » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:45 pm

This is my TV favorite channels and my AC control screen. The divide lines in the TV channels are animated.

K-Wood
Intermediate
Intermediate

Here are a few of my screen shots

Postby K-Wood » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:36 am

Opening PlasmaPlex scene, displayed on the plasma. It's animated - this is how it looks when closed.

K-Wood
Intermediate
Intermediate

Here's how it looks when opened

Postby K-Wood » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:37 am

Credit where credit is due - these scenes were designed by Mario for me some time ago.

K-Wood
Intermediate
Intermediate

Here's the first screen of my touchscreen panel (ProGear)

Postby K-Wood » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:43 am

I use this to control the HT components.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

How about a link to the screens instead?

Postby gregoryx » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:18 am

Always a work in progress...

I didn't want to take up a meg on the ten images, so here's a link:

http://www.keyesfamily.org/ha/mainlobby/

I stuck with the Music Lobby and DVD Lobby background theme since I can't do much to modify Music Lobby or DVD Lobby's layout... and those are the two things that I use most. Music Lobby is ALWAYS up on at least two touchpads.

My five-year-old goes to WebLobby every morning to see what the weather will be for the day and determine if he and his brother should be wearing shorts or long pants.

I have no TV Lobby because we do not have any broadcast feed in the house. We get our news via web or streaming audio (NPR, usually) and the kids rely on DVDs for their viewing. I can't STAND commercials!

All the web home automation control stuff is based on HomeSeer UI variations.

The video cameras are actually using a Web Lobby interface to the Axis video cams.

Return to “MLS files/Buttons/Icons/Backgrounds/SWF/3rd Party Apps/Device Files”