Scalable meter buttons

Place to post your creations and discuss them, attachments are currently limited to 512kb. Please notify administrator to post larger files.
ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Scalable meter buttons

Postby ricks » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:28 pm

Would it be possible for Cinemar to create scalable meters for buttons like 14_0058 where the min/max values can be set similar to sliders?

{{variable}}~0~60 where 0 is minimum value and 60 is maximum value.

Rick

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:06 am

Rick - I think that some of them have the adjustability in either the 19 or 17 library from what I recall.

What I have always wanted for both sliders and LED's is a right click menu with parameter settings and then the ability to copy those settings and paste them to another similar object.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

ricks

Postby ricks » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:31 am

Hey Dave,

Ya, I did a search of the forum and wiki and got a million hits but nothing about this. Actually, there probably should be a section in the wiki about ML Libraries but who has the time, right? I then created a scene with every meter from Libraries 1, 13, 14, 17, and 19 and didn't find anything where the range could be adjusted. Not that I know what to look for anyhow.

Would be nice if every meter had this capability since different applications require different meter styles. It seems few devices in the real world have a 0 - 100 range. Its easy enough to fix with MLMath and server rules but for values that update frequently the log becomes flooded and essentially useless for diagnosing other issues.

Maybe this can be added to the long list of enhancements for a future release. :D

Rick

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:43 pm

The dial type meters in library 13 can be configured for specific ranges. I've used 0013_0029 and 0013_0034 with custom ranges. They take <value>~<min>~<max> in the label to set the range.

I agree having that same capability in something like Progress01 would be great.
--
Bob

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm

I know that similar items are on the list for variables, like right click options and so on. Maybe once that is done, it can be spread to other items.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “MLS files/Buttons/Icons/Backgrounds/SWF/3rd Party Apps/Device Files”