As promised....Keyboard SWF

Place to post your creations and discuss them, attachments are currently limited to 512kb. Please notify administrator to post larger files.
mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

As promised....Keyboard SWF

Postby mnkynifefite » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:25 pm

In the ongoing quest to customize my Q1 scenes (http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13575)
I created a new keyboard to match the style. BTW, a big thanks to Mario for letting me have at it! The button Up/Down color are easily changed via a scene Startup MLServeCMD macro (just like the default keyboard). See below:

Macro|SetVariableFast|kb_saveaction~SetVariable|kb_saveactiontest~true!SetVariableFast|kb_cancelaction~kb_cancelactiontest~true!SetVariableFast|kb_buttonupclr~0x000000!SetVariableFast|kb_buttondnclr~0x00FF00!SetVariableFast|kb_shiftupclr~0x000000~SetVariableFast|kb_shiftdnclr~0x00FF00

I removed some buttons and replaced others with a few common words (ie - the word "the" followed by a space). Also the Enter works like the "Save" button on the default keyboard.

I'm also working on a "mini" keyboard (similar to the iPhone)...will post when finished.

_________

Editted: Added Screenshot. Also, although the background appears white, it is actually transparent.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mnkynifefite on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Screenshots are always nice so users can see before hand. :)

Glad we could help. At some point we should be able to allow a completely customizable keyboard using native ML library objects. This was just our first cut.

Looks very nice!!!
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Wow!

Postby ronsatter » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:35 pm

This is very exciting progress in ML land! Nice work. Thank you for wanting to bring mor excellent and efficient swf's to the users. I hope we see more from you and others who have the time and skills.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mnkynifefite » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:32 am

Thanks for the praise...glad you like it. Feedback is always appreciated.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:53 pm

Nice job! Not a big fan of the "the/and/to/.com", but I guess the Backspace doesn't let you much choice, if you want to keep the normal mapping. I guess you could move the "\" left of "z", shift the "Backspace" one line down and wouldn't need the "the/and/to/.com" padding... ;)

If you happen to use a real keyboard, you can enter the text normally, but special keys like "shift" and "Enter" are not actually interpreted... Any chance this could be "fixed"? And no, the original keyboard didn't do that either... ;)
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer
TRadio: Sirius/HD/XM radio - TChart: Chart from variable Wiki

mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mnkynifefite » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:09 pm

Here's a scaled down version with out the "word" keys. The only change is that the backspace button is smaller and the tilde/apos was moved down by the HOME button. The nice thing is that his keyboard will work in 800x resolutions without scaling.

As for the Shift and Enter key, I tried to add the functionality but for some reason it does not work. My Actionscript skills are Intermediate so perhaps Mario or some other Flash guru might be able to chime in on why it doesn't work. Here's the modifed Actionscript for the enter:

on (release, keyPress "<Enter>")
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:55 pm

mnkynifefite wrote:Here's a scaled down version with out the "word" keys.

Even better, thanks!
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer

colhemm

Postby colhemm » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:08 pm

Hi, love this keyboard for touch screens and downloaded it as soon as i sore it, but not had much luck trying to use it, so can anyone give me a quick and simple explanation on how to setup main lobby to use it. Thanks for any help.

Droezel

Postby Droezel » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Can someone explain to me how to set a variable with the text that I input with this keyboard?

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:17 pm

Droezel wrote:Can someone explain to me how to set a variable with the text that I input with this keyboard?

The idea is that you define (in kb_editvar) which variable will hold what you input:

Code: Select all

SetVariableFast|kb_editvar~myVar_kbEdit

and then when you press "Enter" it will execute the command (i.e. SetVariableFast|myRealVar~myVar_kbEdit) associated with "kb_saveaction":

Code: Select all

SetVariableFast|kb_saveaction~SetVariableFast|myRealVar~myVar_kbEdit

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:20 pm

mnkynifefite wrote:Here's a scaled down version with out the "word" keys.

Instead of starting with an empty string (which is better than the text of the original one), any chance to actually start with the content of the variable associated with kb_editvar? Currently it just ignores it, so you have to retype everything instead of possibly correcting a typo in it...

Return to “MLS files/Buttons/Icons/Backgrounds/SWF/3rd Party Apps/Device Files”