scrolling text field

Place to post your creations and discuss them, attachments are currently limited to 512kb. Please notify administrator to post larger files.
maik

scrolling text field

Postby maik » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:22 am

Is there a scrolling text field button or a way to make one? I would like to have more information displaying in a smaller area.

Maik

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:23 pm

requested numerous times. I think I had some beta versions, but I don't think that Mario ever put one into a production library.

Mario keeps getting "hung up" with the "perfect" one that is completely customizable and I keep telling him something is better than nothing :)
I am sure we are both "right".

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

ML Lyrics need this BIGTIME!

Postby ronsatter » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:53 pm

I know Mario has a full plate, but a scrollable text field button is a must, now that we have access to large amounts of data to display in ML. Could we move it up on the list of To Do's PLEASE :)

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:58 am

I don't know if this has been addressed yet? I don't see anything in subsequent posts. I too would like to access a scrolling text field. In my case I want to display weather warnings. This was never an issue in the NY area but with the continuous thunderstorms coming through (seems like it is every other day) the weather service now provides very accurate predictions on when they will pass over our town.
Simon D. S. Mason

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:26 am

Scrolling text is included in the latest MainLobby client releases. See the MLCalendar sample scene or the DVDLobby 3.75 scenes for examples. Also documented in the Release notes of MainLobby 3 client.

http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki ... Notes_2008
Last edited by DavidL on Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Postby fnkpet » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:30 am

simonmason wrote:I don't know if this has been addressed yet? I don't see anything in subsequent posts. I too would like to access a scrolling text field. In my case I want to display weather warnings. This was never an issue in the NY area but with the continuous thunderstorms coming through (seems like it is every other day) the weather service now provides very accurate predictions on when they will pass over our town.

Interestiing - do you do an 'alert' like on TV? How do you kick it off and where is the feed coming from?

Frank

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:41 am

Frank,
One way is via an RSS feed. MLRSS can grab the RSS message. Then, you can display it, including using the Text Scroll option to scroll thru your text if longer than the MultiLine text box screen real estate.

There is also a WeatherAlerts script in Homeseer that can grab the messages. It's been a long while, but my guess is same could be done in MLScripts without Homeseer.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:24 pm

I'm pulling it down through a homeseer script and then sending it to MainLobby.
Simon D. S. Mason

Return to “MLS files/Buttons/Icons/Backgrounds/SWF/3rd Party Apps/Device Files”