Connecting Speaker Craft MZC to MLServer

No matter how large or how small, the area of Home Theater is what we all have in common. So...Let others know your configuration. List your components first and then if you care to, a small history. Be sure to come back and keep it updated!
garciajoela

Connecting Speaker Craft MZC to MLServer

Postby garciajoela » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:16 pm

Hello,

I am a newbie. I would like to tackle the implementation of a Speaker Craft MZC66. I have been offered a unit at a very reasonable price but I want to make sure that I understand all the components involved before I dive in. I would like to know how the MZC is physically connected to the MLServer since I don't see an RS232 port. I see what looks like an ethernet port but my understanding is that the port is for the MODE expansion hardware.

I have read some conflicting opinions on the connection mode. Some say all you need is a DPT-6 which is a DB9 Female to 3.5mm Quad Mini Plug.
Other information states that you need a RSA-1.0 module which connects to the RJ45 ports ont he MZC. So .. my question is? There is a big difference in price so I would like to make sure I have the proper components. I did not buy the MZC from a dealer so I don't have access to the speakercraft support or the EZTools software.

1. What do I need to physically connect the MZC via serial to the MLServer
2. Do I need the Speakercraft EZTools software to configure the unit to work with the MLServer Pluggin.

If anyone has experience doing this and can offer some advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Connecting Speaker Craft MZC to MLServer

Postby kevind » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:48 pm

We sell speakercraft so here's the deal. You need to order a special RS232 part from Speakercraft (which only dealers are allowed to do). EZtools is also needed.

garciajoela

Re: Connecting Speaker Craft MZC to MLServer

Postby garciajoela » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:28 pm

Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. I heard also through Dave that I need a RSA-1.0 from speakercraft and it sounds like I need eztools to configure it. It sounds like SpeakerCraft isn't a good DIY option since it requires eztools to set it up and dealer only parts. I picked up a brand new MZC-66 with 6 keypads for 400.00 but it doesn't sound like I will be able to integrate it without EZTOOLS. Any advice? Should I re-sell it and go the Russound way?

Return to “What's Your System Configuration”