Universal Remote and DVDLobby

No matter how large or how small, the area of Home Theater is what we all have in common. So...Let others know your configuration. List your components first and then if you care to, a small history. Be sure to come back and keep it updated!
shawnm

Universal Remote and DVDLobby

Postby shawnm » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:01 am

Hi,

I am considering purchasing DVDLobby. I just setup a home theater and have a Sony DVP-CX777ES. I have a universal remote that runs all of the A/V equipment. OnceI connect my htpc to the Sony DVD player via RS232, how can my universal remote talk to DVDLobby? Does it automatically happen with the same commands that are used for the DVD player or is there a special piece of hardware I need to connect so that the remote can talk directly with the htpc?

Thanks,
Shawn

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:24 pm

Hi Shawn!
Welcome to the Cinemar Forum.

You will need a piece of hardware to receive the IR signals.

http://www.cinemaronline.com/hardware.irsolutions.html

The MainLobby software plugin for this hardware allows you to learn an IR command from your remote control and then can be configured to send a "MLServeCmd" which is MainLobby speak for a command that does "something" this "something" can be to tell the MainLobby MLCX777ES plugin the instructions to tell the Sony changer to "Play" as one example.

You will also be glad to know that Cinemar provides the best CX777ES solution in the industry. With some new MainLobby software, you can click a button and have our software go through all 400 disks in your changer and add the movies to your DVDLobby database (including coverart) automatically!

Feel free to continue asking questions.

Always someone around that can help.

Return to “What's Your System Configuration”