iPod Touch screen keeps minimizing

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
simonmason
Expert
Expert

iPod Touch screen keeps minimizing

Postby simonmason » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:57 am

I think I have posted about this before but I thought I would ask if anyone has any advice? I have an iPod touch mounted in my bedroom in an iPort frame. It looks great. However, about once a week I go into the room and the main screen of the iPod Touch is showing. Something has minimized the MainLobby web page. I have turned off just about everything I can on this - deleted every unnecessary application, disabled all notifications, and even tried running it in kiosk mode - but it still happens. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: iPod Touch screen keeps minimizing

Postby DaveB » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:25 am

Simon
Apple still goes out to look for updates even if everything is off. We have this problem with apple deployments in my day job. It is annoying, but I do not know how to get around it.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:51 am

It is a shame that the Apple products cannot be locked down more closely for this sort of application. The iTouch in the iPort wall mount has a very polished look. But there are a number of issues with it that cause me to look for other options. The aforementioned issue with it minimizing the MainLobby/Safari screen and just showing the desktop. I had to jailbreak the iTouch to get to the backlight controls remotely - it is mounted in a bedroom and I wanted the backlight on during the day but not when we were sleeping. Finally, and this might be due to the age of the iTouch, it loses wifi connectivity about once a week and only a reboot will get it working again.

The hunt goes on for a small form factor reliable touchscreen.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:45 pm

You could think about stepping up to something like a Samsung Galaxy 7" tablet. Still fairly small and some very nice frames exist. I have two here of different generations and they work great. The iTouch scenes will scale with just a little tweaking. Then you could over time build out a new set of scenes targeting the new geometry.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:02 pm

I don't have much experience with the Samsungs and I always seem to have old Apple products lying around. Can you post some links to the frames - I would be interested in that. One thing that is not easy to find is frames for the Apple devices. I am using iPort - nice, but expensive.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:07 pm

Check out the Vidabox frames.

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”