IOS Audio

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

IOS Audio

Postby greyt » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:41 am

When Mainlobby loads on an Ipad any audio being played on the Ipad stops. Is there an easy way to stop the audio from stopping? (It is causing music being played via Airplay to stop when I go to modify the audio zones in Mainlobby :-)

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: IOS Audio

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:36 pm

There is no easy way to stop this right now. The issue is that only one audio stream is allowed to play at any given point in time. When the web app initializes it has to play a short sound in order to create the speech synthesizer object for text to speech. This initialization kills any audio that is currently playing. I'll have to see if there is an easy way to create the speech synthesizer object on demand.

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:48 pm

No problem - is there a workaround of being able to edit a configure file to disable the speech synthesiser object since I an not using it anyway?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:32 pm

To disable the speech open the scripts.js file and find

Code: Select all

if (!designmode) {$(document).on("click", function(e) {if (msg===null) {if ('speechSynthesis' in window) {msg=new SpeechSynthesisUtterance();msg.volume=0;msg.rate=SPEECH_RATE;msg.pitch=SPEECH_PITCH;msg.text="Greetings";speechSynthesis.speak(msg);msg.volume=1;}}$(document).off("click");});}

Delete or comment out this line.

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Thanks!

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”