Tides Scene and file

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Tides Scene and file

Postby DaveB » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi All;
If anyone will benefit from my tides scene, please let me know and I will get you going. The graph at the top is a work in process as the available graphics do not support negative numbers well. The bars at the top of the scene show only the high tides. Automation rules are used to convert the meters to feet as tides in the US are typically reported in feet. The weather driver reports them in meters due to the TWC API and available fields. Anyway, let me know if you want the scene and the automation rules and variables I created.

Tides.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: Tides Scene and file

Postby sonypoolplr » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:29 am

I would be interested in your rules and variables.

Thank you

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: Tides Scene and file

Postby DaveB » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:51 am

Hi,
I have 16 rules that are all the same but with different variables. These cover all 16 tides accordingly.

As example;

Whenever {{weather_tide1_firsthitideheight}} changes value
Then Math|Multiply~weather_tide1_firsthitideheight_FT~{{weather_tide1_firsthitideheight}}~3.28

Basically, the formula just converts meters to feet and writes that value to the weather_tide1_firsthitideheight_FT variable that the automation rule creates. The balance of the rules deal with tides 1 - 4, first and second tides both Hi and Lo. Look at the driver variables in MLS and you will quickly see what I am referring to.

One important note that drove me nuts; When creating a new variable as in the above expression, DO NOT place curly brackets around the variable that is being created. If you do, it will not work and also will not throw an error. I stumbled upon this in a very old post by Mario.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”