Anyway to create a beep on button push

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
monteourdog

Re: Anyway to create a beep on button push

Postby monteourdog » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:58 pm

What I am doing is using the server as a location for the MP3 files. The path in my case is:

\\SERVER\V4MLServer\Sounds\Alarms\soundclip.mp3

This way, I don't need to worry about ensuring all the sound files reside in each device. You do need to worry about network access rights which can be resolved by creating an account on the server with the same username and password as your clients or create a share without a username/password. In my case, each client is strictly a MainLobby client and all share the same username/password with auto login.

Cheers!

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:08 am

The server share is a good idea - although it will add a slight delay in the response time for the file to play - especially on my network with three teenagers streaming all day long. These are all work arounds, I presume, because the playsound command does not conform to the same approach as loading scenes where the Mainlobby client looks for the files relative to the root directory specified in the options?
Simon D. S. Mason

monteourdog

Postby monteourdog » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:43 pm

Not sure what you mean by "work arounds". By using a share on the server, it simply provides a common location - and a single location - for any sound clips needed. The folder path for client scenes could be handled in the same way but I suppose lag would surely be a concern. I keep my scenes local on each client and continue to use MainLobby simply because I don't want lag (Web clients are just too slow).

I am not using XP, but perhaps this may work for you (also, if your PC's are using a non-windows driver for touch, there may be a setting within the driver):

http://superuser.com/questions/143326/h ... use-clicks

Cheers!

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:41 pm

This autohotkey approach is an interesting option - I will try this out. This is only an issue with one touchscreen. I was never able to get the touchscreen client software loaded as it is an older screen, and so there is no beep on touch.
Simon D. S. Mason

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:56 am

I tried out the autohotkey approach and for some reason it didn't work on my old touchscreen. I think it is something to do with my hardware. But the Playsound is working so I am good.
Simon D. S. Mason

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”