Sample Web Apps

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sample Web Apps

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Version 4.0.0.62 released 02/23/2015

All of the sample web apps have been refreshed. We are also including a sample Android Phone web app for the first time.

The collection of web apps now includes

MainLobby for Android Tablets (Landscape) - any Android tablet with a target resolution of 1280x800 pixels.
MainLobby for Android Phones (Portrait) - any Android Phone with a target resolution of 1080x1920 pixels
MainLobby for iPad Tablets (Landscape) - any iOS tablet with a target resolution of 1024x768 pixels
MainLobby for iPad Tablets (Portrait) - any iOS tablet with a target resolution of 768,1024 pixels
MainLobby for iPhone 5 (Portrait) - any iOS phone in portrait mode
MainLobby for Windows Kiosks w/Chrome - any Windows PC running the Chrome browser targeting a resolution of 1024x768 pixels.

There is no iPhone 6 Web app in this release. I did not have time to finish it in time for this update. It will get released in the next few days. Also, there is no new logic for the Zones / Sources CycleStates in this release. I am working on an very nice wizard that will walk you through creating zones and sources and it too is not done.

The most significant page updates are involve the Appointments, Movies and Songza scenes. As shown below.

PLEASE NOTE: Viewing Movies trailers DOES NOT WORK on iOS 8 devices. Apple broke the HTML 5 Video object when they released iOS 8.x and it is still broken. If you want to stream video to your mobile devices from MLServer then you'll need an Android device until such time that Apple decides to fix what it has broken.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

randyf

Re: Sample Web Apps

Postby randyf » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:33 am

Dave - prior to the latest updates, we could click on the main header bar at the top of the page and Chrome would go into full-screen mode. I tried this with the updated Android sample application and this didn't appear to be working. I didn't see anything in your update notes where this behavior might have changed but I could have missed it.

Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:05 pm

I created the Android app from a copy of the iPad app. That's why it stopped. Change the label on the overlay_header to a transparent button and set the client command to Fullscreen|On

randyf

Postby randyf » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:33 pm

Thanks Dave, worked like charm!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:37 pm

Small update to the sample iPad app. A new scene has been added demonstrating how you can adjust the running of scheduled tasks from the client. You access it by picking Task Scheduler off the main menu. The other sample apps will get this same scene when the Songza update is released.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:32 am

Dave - Will you eventually have the ability to create a new task from the GUI?

Also, concerning the scheduler, is there a way to setup odd/even weeks or days? Something like "Take the recycles out every other Sunday" ??

Also, what are your thoughts for notification of a task such as trash in your example? Populate and make a pop up appear on screen or something along those lines?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

tmcgowan

Postby tmcgowan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:31 am

Dave,

Could you also add the Automation Rules to the list of things to include?

Thanks,

Todd

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:43 am

Will you eventually have the ability to create a new task from the GUI?

It is possible but then people would need to know the ins and outs of creating MLServer macros and commands. Then that leads to needing command builder as a popup on the UI. Really complicates matters and moves it into the realm of and advanced user function and not a general purpose feature that anyone can use.

Also, concerning the scheduler, is there a way to setup odd/even weeks or days? Something like "Take the recycles out every other Sunday" ??

Not at this time.

Also, what are your thoughts for notification of a task such as trash in your example? Populate and make a pop up appear on screen or something along those lines?

My take out the trash notification is a simple WebCmd that make all my clients speak "Time to take out the trash". It all depends on what you want it to do.

Could you also add the Automation Rules to the list of things to include?

Yes, I'd like to be able to expose this. However, it is even more challenging than the first item mentioned here.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:30 pm

You just gave me a really good idea; Maybe I can trigger a flag in HAI that would force the Omni to speak. I have several HAI speakers throughout the house that announce alarm events and can also announce other items, but having the ability to trigger from Cinemar is interesting.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

erikhimber
Expert
Expert

Postby erikhimber » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:23 pm

Dave,

Since IOS 8 update and the loss of my active radar along with movie trailers, is it possible to jailbreak the ipad and download an app or html player that would enable these functions again ??
Erik

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:08 pm

The only way to get that functionality back is to return to iOS 7 and Apple will not let you do that. There are over 200 critical bugs in iOS 8 Safari that Apple refuses to fix. We are at their mercy on this one. Instead of fixing critical operating system bugs they would rather let you send silly animated hearts to your friends watch...

erikhimber
Expert
Expert

Postby erikhimber » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:55 pm

First off, I can't send silly little hearts, I don't have any friends.

All I want is my animated weather radar.

Is there a forum to complain about these bugs, who do I send complaints ????

Will you be my friend Dave ????
Erik

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:17 pm

Erik I'm your friend. You have to sign up to be an Apple developer ($199) before you can complain about their software. There are 1,000s of people already complaining.

erikhimber
Expert
Expert

Postby erikhimber » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:43 pm

Thanks Dave,

Do you think this is something they will fix in time ???

I'd hate to not have the full functionality of the Web Designer in my setup, but I don't really want to switch out all of my IPads for Android devices.
Erik

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:56 pm

Erik, I have no idea. iOS 8.3 is in its third beta release. One can only hope some of them get fixed in that release.

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”