Sample iPad App

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sample iPad App

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:57 pm

The sample iPad app was updated today to show new DVDLobby browsing features.
Movies.png

Movie browsing has received an enhancement that many people, especially with large collections, should like. The movie selection overlay now contains and A-Z button list that can be used to quickly filter the current list to only those items that start with the selected letter. So if you are looking at your entire collection you do not have to constantly pick a new filter to jump to a position in the list. See the following:
Movies-Selections.png

Another enhancement pertains to browsing movie discs on movies with multiple discs. You'll now see a new "Browse Discs" button that when pressed will bring up the Disc browser overlay. Particularly nice for TV series. See the following:
Movies-BrowseDiscs.png

The Movies Now Playing scenes have made a comeback. You now have a separate Now Playing scene that will track the movie that is playing in each different movie zone in the house. You'll notice the Playmovie command on the Play Movie button uses the server variable {{movies_activezone_{{clientname}}}} to specify where the movie is being played. This should be set in your Zones cyclestates.
Movies-NowPlaying.png

Please make sure to update to the latest versions of MLServer and DVDLobby to make these scenes work.

There is a larger update in the works for all the sample apps but we wanted to get this update out because of its immediate usefulness.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Re: Sample iPad App

Postby rileydog » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:58 pm

...Wow... Great work! This and the other updates today are much appreciated! Can't wait to roll them out this weekend. Any work done on making the scrolling of movies more "fluid" in the movie selector? Thanks!!!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:01 pm

Fluid is a function of device horsepower and network speed. Today's update should make it more pleasant.

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby sonypoolplr » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:25 pm

I just downloaded the latest updates in the installer, and now showing ver .59, but I don't see any of the movie scenes being any later than 9/6/14 as their modified date. Is the latest project in the updater?

Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:33 pm

Did you look in the iPad.Sample folder? The new samples get installed into a .Sample folder.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:36 pm

Yes I did. The last update shown in that folder is 11/23/14.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:38 pm

Odd. I install it here and I see the new files. I'll upload a new copy.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:39 pm

Nevermind. I reinstalled them again and now I have ones showing the 12/10/14 date.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:23 pm

I took a look at movies that I have with multiple discs showing in the content manager, and also on the Movie Selections scene under the disc cover, but the Browse disc button is greyed out and won't bring up the overlay. Do I need to make any changes to the discs in the content manager to make this button work?

Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:45 pm

No changes to content manager. Check the state variable that is on the button to make sure it is being set properly.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:22 pm

I took a look at the variable for the Browse Discs button, {{movies_selection_userdisccount_clientname}}, and when I select movies I see that value change. But I also looked at the properties of the button in the designer, and the On values was only 0,1. So if a movie has more than one disc the button would stay off. I changed the button properites for ON to have the values of 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10; and the OFF to have values of 0,1. This is keeping that button hidden when I movie has 0 or 1 discs, just like the information under the coverart.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:31 pm

Never set on AND off values. Just put 0,1 as the off value. I must have it backwards in the sample.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:10 am

I just looked at the Movie Selections page again this morning and the Play Movie button is coming up greyed out whenever I select a movie. I looked at the variable in the designer, {{movies_selection_userdisccount_{{clientname}}}}, and the ON Values is blank, and the OFF values has 0,1. Should the ON value be 0,1? Then what will this do for discs with more than one disc? Do we play them from the Browse Discs button?

Thanks

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:06 am

Can there be a center text option and the ability to change the font/size for the image titles on the carousel? There is just a button to include text but no options to change the attributes.

Can there be an option to set the spacing between each movie? Right now I think it is a few pixels but I like more white space.

Big set forward - great job!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:13 am

Where a movie has more than one disc the Play Movie button will be greyed out and you have to launch the movie by clicking on the appropriate play button next to each disc title in the disc browser. This is so you get the right disc to play.

The layout of the images in the scroller is hardcoded in the JavaScript but I will see if there are some options to be exposed.

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”