UI Zones/Sources - For Discussion

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: UI Zones/Sources - For Discussion

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:58 pm

It would go into the Source cyclestate command applicable to the source. The sample source macro I posted in the release notes shows the switching.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:33 pm

I reviewed your macros, copied them in and modified them for my system. That all seems to be working well.

To hone further in on my question, I do not see that you actually are sending a command out to your Sonos or whatever switching device you are using.

My question is the following; Does the specific device command get added to the cycle states source file under the line item for the specific source or do you do the macro in the designer and attaché it to the button representing the source?

Sorry if I am over complicating this.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:35 pm

Everything will happen in the Source CycleState Macro for the selected source. The only command that would appear on the client is the CycleState|Set~Source~#

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:07 pm

Now I get it. It has been some time since I dug in and coded stuff for the system. The code was actually in front of me.

The next question concerns having two different zone types; I have six zones running out through the CAV 6.6, and the action is fairly simple to get those to work. I have a seventh zone that is a streaming zone to a PC using AV agent. I am guessing that this makes the whole thing much more complex since now I must test for zone type or something along those lines. Do you have any examples of a mixed zone type like this?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:33 pm

Dave - Prior to diving head first into the whole Zones/Sources rebuild, do the same macros still apply as in the first post of this thread?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Yes, and in you look in the MLServer\Data folder you will see a sample Zones and Sources cyclestate files that can be used as a starting point.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:26 pm

Got it - I forgot where they were. I will edit those then do the import. I will let you know if I have issues as I recall control issues with Russound. I also never got the volume slider to match the actual level then stick. Every time the pop up menu was used again, the slider was at 100%. I want to fix that this time.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:27 pm

I should also mention that I am cutting way back on the amount of available streaming sources. I am showing two for each category at most. We never use the others and it makes the interface confusing.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:28 pm

...and - How close is Google Music to release?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

randyf

Postby randyf » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:18 pm

I also never got the volume slider to match the actual level then stick

DaveB - if you find something that fixes this, would you mind sharing? I have the same issue and haven't found a way to address it.

Thanks

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:15 am

Dave - During my rebuild, I found an error in your distributed sample interfaces concerning the Zones popup. The state variable for the zones buttons in your sample contains the variable;

{{zones_data_{{clientname}}}}

You must have hand typed it as it is backwards. It should be as follows;

{{{{clientname}}_zones_data}}

I will let you know if I locate more.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:55 am

Sometimes the trees are in the way of the forest; This is one of those cases that the further I think about how this is working, the more confused I am.

My pop up zone control is working but for ever, the slider never relates to actual volume. I can adjust the volume with the buttons and with the slider, but the slider always pops up at 75%. Here are my current commands that I can not figure out;

My Slider;

Value Var:
AV|{{{{{{clientname}}_activezone_var}}_av_switcher_id}}~Volume
Command Var
AV|{{{{{{clientname}}_activezone_var}}_av_switcher_id}}~Volume~{{{{{{clientname}}_activezone_var}}_av_switcher_zone}}~{{value}}

My UP Button;
AV|{{{{{{clientname}}_activezone_var}}_av_switcher_id}}~Volume~{{{{{{clientname}}_activezone_var}}_av_switcher_zone}}~up

Actual Variable;
{{av_1_zone_4_volume}}

Can you recommend how I can get the slider to follow the volume level and then pop back up showing the correct level?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:58 pm

Take care on the cyclestates options. You have the ability to prefix {{clientname}}_ on the front or suffix _{{clientname}} on the end. My samples assume that you have set the cyclestates to suffix on the end since this is the naming convention nearly everything else uses.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:10 pm

Well that answers some of it. If I switch it around then go back to your basic samples, maybe things will work better. I will play around and let you know.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:37 pm

Dave - Let me rewind a bit - After thinking about this today and then tonight, evaluating your scripts vs my scripts relating to cycle states and volume control, they are really night and day. Your cycle states examples do not work with russound. It make no difference if the client name is a prefix or suffix; as long as it is consistent and set correctly in cycle states, it comes down to the actual commands.

When attached to nothing, you example works and the volume slider follows the up and down buttons, but it still looses its place when you pop up the control panel a second time.

Again, prefix or suffix has nothing to do with my issue.

My issue is that the value variable of the slider does not pick up or retain the actual value of the variable when the panel pops back up. I really need the ability to place a command in the popup to force the slider to update when the overlay is called. Is there any way to do this?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”