Release Candidate #4

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Release Candidate #4

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:59 pm

We are using the native speech api built into the operating system. It is not dependent on anything external to the device. You must be running iOS 6 and above. Open safari on the device and search for SpeechSynthesisUtterance. You'll find lots of web site with examples.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Interesting stuff... I can get it to speak out of Safari so it cant be something difficult.

Now, I am seeing that there is a voice recognition API.. THAT would be cool as it would open a whole new world! The recognized text would get sent back to MLS for command processing... Or it would be cool to have the web client present options and then the user would speak to it rather than touching the screen.

A whole new world....

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:59 pm

Yes, that is what I am discovering. Chrome supports the full speech api while iOS only exposes the text to speech in the current version. Hopefully the new iOS in June will support the full api.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Or does it support audio recording? If so, then the audio could be streamed in to MLServer and fed into its speech recognition engine.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri May 30, 2014 3:43 pm

Today's update to the Web Designer

1) Removes support for the old Gauge Object. You MUST delete any and all existing Gauge objects on your scenes BEFORE installing this version of the designer.

2) Sets the font RobotoRegular as the default font for all sample Web Apps. This ensures all apps will have a consistent look and feel.

3) Contains a rewrite of the Web Sockets client code. You will now get more reliable re-connects when you stop and restart MLServer.

4) The sample apps get new scenes for Roku, and Plex and also updated scenes to display the new gauges.

To make sure everything runs swimmingly well open your existing Index.html file using a good text editor like NotePad++ and compare the HEAD section with the following. Please make it look like what you see here if there are any differences.

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<meta content="text/html;charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
<meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no">
<meta name="format-detection" content="address=no">
<meta name="format-detection" content="email=no">
<meta name="mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="black-translucent">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,height=device-height,user-scalable=no,initial-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0">
<meta name="HandheldFriendly" content="true">
<meta http-equiv="cleartype" content="on">
<title>MainLobby</title>
<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="114x114" href="images/MainLobby-114.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="72x72" href="images/MainLobby-72.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" href="images/MainLobby-57.png">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="images/MainLobby.ico">
<link href="css/styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<link href="css/font-icons.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<script src="javascript/jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="javascript/jquery-ui.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="javascript/Custom.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="javascript/Scripts.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">InitApp();</script>
</head>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

snickers1

Postby snickers1 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:23 pm

well it worked but curious how in the future when you upgrade that your current scenes don't get fully over written
on my movie scene i had two buttons with macros attached to them one for system on and one for system off
both of which where gone and i had to recreate them.

also noticed onthe cllimate page the old gauage was still there for the thermastat is that normal?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri May 30, 2014 8:50 pm

When you start customizing your own scenes make sure you start off by renaming your project folder. Since the default is called iPad and will be overwritten by all future updates make sure you working project folder is called something else. MyiPad for example. That way all your hard work will not be vaporized by an update.

snickers1

Postby snickers1 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:15 pm

CinemarDave wrote:When you start customizing your own scenes make sure you start off by renaming your project folder. Since the default is called iPad and will be overwritten by all future updates make sure you working project folder is called something else. MyiPad for example. That way all your hard work will not be vaporized by an update.

Thank goodness i only to recreate a few things

what about the gauges sinc ei have not purchased energy monitor yet not thermostat there are just blank in the ipad
can you change to be like the old way you still saw the gauges even though they where not functional yet?
kinda of a silly request but it looks better and as the budget permits and i add those functions then they will start working

snickers1

Postby snickers1 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:30 pm

now i did something stupid i renamed and default iPad folder in designer and then relaized it messed somethign up so renamed it back and now i can't bring it up onthe ipad nor on pc browser ..... should of just left everythign alone had to get case of upgraded itus :(

snickers1

Postby snickers1 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:56 pm

snickers1 wrote:now i did something stupid i renamed and default iPad folder in designer and then relaized it messed somethign up so renamed it back and now i can't bring it up onthe ipad nor on pc browser ..... should of just left everythign alone had to get case of upgraded itus :(

never mind even though i messed up the default ipad project i created a new one like you sugested called my ipad and also one for my ipad mini and those work fine

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Sat May 31, 2014 10:28 am

I followed the instructions and removed all gauges from my scenes. I then upgraded the designer, replaced the header of index.html, refreshed support files

The new gauges that I add to the scene only update on a page refresh, they are not updating dynamically. I copied a gauge from one of the new sample scenes and it worked briefly, as I started to edit and save the scene it also stopped working. I have tried to work out the exact step that is breaking things but I can't work it out yet - it just seems very erratic.

Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot?

BTW - the new gauges look fantastic.....

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat May 31, 2014 11:33 am

Whenever pages do not function as expected open the page in Chrome on a PC with Chrome's Developer Tools / Console window open. Look for JavaScript messages being written to the console.

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:43 am

CinemarDave wrote:Whenever pages do not function as expected open the page in Chrome on a PC with Chrome's Developer Tools / Console window open. Look for JavaScript messages being written to the console.

Thanks - I set up debugging, but no errors are being logged in the console. I added a text object with the same variable that the gauge is using. The text object updates correctly, but the gauges don't.... Anything else I can look at?

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:59 am

Ok, managed to work it out..... The new Gauge objects are case sensitive when it comes to entering the variables. If the case doesn't match the server variable then they will not dynamically update....

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:22 am

I must have forgotten to convert the variable to all lower case. I'll fix that. Because JavaScript is case sensitive I try to convert all the variable names to lower case.

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”