Release Candidate #4

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Release Candidate #4

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:34 pm

The gradient check box serves no useful purpose and will be gone in the next release. If there is only one color defined then it will be solid. Otherwise it is a gradient. So it is really defined by the number of colors defined.

fcwilt

Postby fcwilt » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:54 pm

CinemarDave wrote:The gradient check box serves no useful purpose and will be gone in the next release. If there is only one color defined then it will be solid. Otherwise it is a gradient. So it is really defined by the number of colors defined.

In the real world there are "progress indicators" types of devices with distinct colors so I would suggest keeping the option for the non-gradient mode - if it can be done without a lot of work.
Regards, Frederick C. Wilt

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:06 am

Well done!

How about adding the following:
* Screen saver (or picture viewer) - this could be created via a timer object that could be deployed per page or project.
* Marqueee (like the ML client had)

Essentially, I am looking to show pictures and the marquee is for informational text.

Thanks!

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:31 pm

Dave, I really like this and figured out that my last issue (from a awhile ago) was probably due to not having all of the ports open. This has been corrected.

I have about 8 Apple devices based on various iPads, iPods, old and new iPhones, and a Windows PC running the latest Chrome and running into one issue whereas they do not seem to reconnect if MLServer is shutdown and restarted.

The Windows PC is running Windows XP and Chrome is just spinning and does not reconnect. Connection is hard wired and PC is not sleeping or waking up. In fact I am using it while it does this. If I click on an object, then it will reconnect. All Apple devices which are wireless do the same. My Macbook Pro with all latest OS and Safari spins as well and does not reconnect automatically.

A preliminary network monitor trace shows that the clients do not automatically reconnect.

MLServer does not show them as reconnected either.

I do not need it to reconnect immediately. A timer that will recover the situation after some time (seconds/minutes?) would be acceptable.

It would be really nice to not have to go around the house and reconnect all devices after I restart MLServer.

Thank you!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:59 pm

Today's update

1) Fixes an issue where static commands were not being executed from the select object. As witnessed on the Sonos page and other radio selectors.

2) Modifies the WebSockets logic so that upon any network disconnection (like MLServer being stopped and started) the clients will now automatically start polling the server trying to connect. Once the server reconnects the client will refresh the page and restore normal functions.

To enable this feature in your apps you will have to Refresh the Support files like normal and then make one change to your Index.html file.

Open your Index.html file in a good text editor (NOT Wordpad or Word) and look for the following markup

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).on("touchmove", function(e) {e.preventDefault();e.stopPropagation();});
window.addEventListener('load', function() {FastClick.attach(document.body);}, false);
$(document).ready(function() {DoStartup();});
</script>

Change it to this markup

<script type="text/javascript">InitApp();</script>

Then save the Index.html file. You do not have to change any other files.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:30 am

Definitely progress!

* The menu issue is fixed! Thank you!

* The reconnect is working. Only item to note is that on Chrome the "spinner" is still spinning post connection. A page refresh takes care of that. The Apple devices appear to also reconnect properly. I'll do more testing.

This release has to be the best thing since sliced bread! You should pat yourself on the back. Very cool!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:49 am

Thanks, I'm very happy with how it is maturing.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:27 pm

CinemarDave wrote:To enable this feature in your apps you will have to Refresh the Support files like normal and then make one change to your Index.html file.

Open your Index.html file in a good text editor (NOT Wordpad or Word) and look for the following markup

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).on("touchmove", function(e) {e.preventDefault();e.stopPropagation();});
window.addEventListener('load', function() {FastClick.attach(document.body);}, false);
$(document).ready(function() {DoStartup();});
</script>

Change it to this markup

<script type="text/javascript">InitApp();</script>

Then save the Index.html file. You do not have to change any other files.

Just curious - if this is done, does this change get reset every time the support files are reset? So, I will need to do this change every time that is done?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:30 pm

No only needs to be done once. Refreshing the support files only touches files in the scripts, css and images folders.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:43 pm

March 15th RC4 Update.

1) Fixes issue with {{value}} translation in Text Input object.
2) Fixes a Select All issue that did not select Text Input objects.
3) Adds new Irrigation scenes to the sample iPad and Android apps. Full control of Irrigation is now possible. See the attached for examples.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:33 pm

Dave - With the update, i don't think that you posted the new iPad and Android sample apps.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:18 pm

They did get uploaded. I forgot to increment the version in the installer xml.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:37 pm

Ah. That will teach me to look at the version numbers!
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:40 pm

Today's update

1) Fixes the copy/paste issue with the Web Page object
2) Adds FullScreen|Toggle as a client command. Note: Whenever you use the FullScreen command you should set the click object on the button to a fictitious object. This will prevent the red glow from sticking on.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:16 am

Mario & Dave, you got a great product here. A few more tweaks and I think that it is ready for release.

What are your plans and associated time lines? How will you market this? I presume that this is more than a hobby, so very interested in the next steps to release as I am happy to help troubleshoot.

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”