Release Candidate #3

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
mzn

Re: Release Candidate #3

Postby mzn » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Pardon my stupidity, but how do I update these support files? I've used Installation assistant to install the upgrade.
thanks Dave.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:54 pm

From the main menu in the designer there is a button labeled "Refresh Support Files". Click that once and your project will be updated with the latest script and styles.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:28 pm

Just a heads up. There is a Release Candidate 4 in the works and this version will bring some large changes. Among them is

1) A total rewrite of the Carousel and Infinite scroller logic. Any existing carousel or infinite scroller objects on your scenes will not be compatible with the new versions. The next update will have a Horizontal infinite carousel object, a Vertical infinite carousel and new infinite scroller.

The old carousel and scroller could only handle about 200-250 thumbnails before it exhausted the browser resources and in most instances crashed the browser. The new version will do away with this limit. I have had over 2000 thumbnails loaded in the new version. The newer versions are also considerably faster when loading objects.

2) More MLServer web services to load up all those new scrollers.

3) The elimination of the old popup select object that was styled like the popup on an iPhone. The more generic Select object is now the preferred method.

4) The legacy MovieBrowser, MusicBrowser, NetflixBrowser and AmazonBrowser objects will become depreciated and support will eventually go away. The new infinite vertical carousel object will be the new browsing method of choice.

More details as we get closer to a release. When you ask? Sometime in March.

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:31 pm

Sounds good. During the rewrite can you double check the filters on the movie carousel. I don't think it currently supports not showing locked movies......

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:17 am

Locked movies should not be showing up unless the movies_showallcontent_{{clientname}} variable is set to a 1. I'll make sure all the movie web services are following that rule.

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby sonypoolplr » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:33 am

4) The legacy MovieBrowser, MusicBrowser, NetflixBrowser and AmazonBrowser objects will become depreciated and support will eventually go away. The new infinite vertical carousel object will be the new browsing method of choice.

Since you mentioned this I started looking at the infinite vertical carousel scenes for these, because we usually just use the legacy browser objects. Some things I have noticed:

1. When you load the Music Carousel and the Movies Carousel, the scene always jumps to the first music or movie item in the list. Kind of frustrating if you are loading music to a playlist and then you have to scroll back to where you left off. Also, makes the movie browsing a little harder.

2. The music items don't have the Artist and Song Title under the coverart like the legacy browser does. The movies don't really need the titles, since the coverart shows the title. But this would be a great addition to both, but really is needed for the music.

Thanks

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:31 am

Also I think but am not sure that the Netflix player (Silverlight?) launches in kiosk mode from the Netflix carousel. Is that correct? I remember that my family stopped using ML to launch Netflix because at the end of a show, they lost control over returning to the ML home page without using a keyboard to exit the kiosk Silverlight (alt-f4). In kiosk mode, you can hover over the Silverlight fullscreeen icon and it prompts you to hit Escape but that doesn't do anything. Would be good to have a choice to use the regular Chrome version of Silverlight, where you can exit fullscreen with a button touch or a mouse click, and without a keyboard.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:15 am

Sony - #1) The new version doesn't do that. #2) The new version has an option for showing/hiding the titles.

Oronomus - that is really a function of the AV Agent. How are you using the Web Interface today with the TV? Or were you using the MainLobby flash 16x9 scenes to navigate and play Netflix using the remote? If the latter then pressing the record button on the remote acts as a power off for the media players.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:10 pm

I think I see what you are getting at:

Here is my setup: Nexus 7 Webpage->Netflix Client (w/AV Agent)->ML Server. Say, I push a command on the Nexus 7 to open Netflix Carousel. Then I select a show and push a play command designating the AV Agent for the PC Client connected to the TV in front of us. If I use the following "Off" command from the tablet, the show stops and the Silverlight player is closed:

Macro|
AV|{{netflix_activeplayer_{{clientname}}}}~Stop!
AV|{{netflix_activeplayer_{{clientname}}}}~Power~Off!
WebCmd|LoadScene|Index.html

BUT, for some reason the family instictively wants to ignore the Nexus 7 and issue the stop command (and possibly select another show) from the TV with a remote or air mouse. That is where the Silverlight kiosk mode interferes.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Since you are using an air mouse I can make a double-click on the silverlight player close the player. Would this work?

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:26 am

Yes that would work. Also would be nice to be able to select it either way, if possible. Maybe a variable: netflix_activeplayer_kioskon or kioskoff.

Thanks.

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”