Release Candidate #2

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Release Candidate #2

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Release Candidate #2 of the Web Designer is now available for download. This release fixes some known bugs in the previous release and adds several new features.

* The embedded Chrome browser that the designer uses has been updated to the latest release.

* Fixes copy and paste issues in several insertable objects.

* Changes the red glow when an object is pressed from and outer glow to an inner glow. This makes for better presentation when objects are spaced close together.

* Changes the way the client WebCmd works. Like the MainLobby MLCmd you must now specify the clientname target for the WebCmd. This allows the server to send commands targeted to a specific web client. (Please note that you still need to be running a web client that supports web sockets for this command to work)

* Updates the FontAwesome font to version 3. This adds a couple of dozen new font icons.

* Adds the ability to add your own custom fonts. If you find a font that you are particularly fond of and it can be converted into the appropriate web font formats then you can now easily incorporate them into your designs. Adding your own custom web fonts involves modifying the font-icons.css file and converting the true type font using fontsquirrel.com or similar web site for converting the font into the appropriate formats.

* Adds the Futura, ControlIcons and LCD MainLobby fonts as part of the base font sets.

* Modifies the Button editor dialog to allow for less crowding of the controls.

* Adds a new Button state called "Selected." When the server variable tied to the Selected State is true or on the button object will be highlighted with a glow in the color specified.
ButtonProps.jpg

* Adds new Alignment options to the Right-click context menu. You can now Align groups of objects to the Top,Bottom,Left and Right. Additionally to can now evenly space rows or columns of objects using the Fill Vertically or Fill Horizontally menu picks. (Note: These objects are "filled" in the order they are selected so make sure you select left to right or top to bottom.)
Alignment.jpg

* Adds two new slider elements. A new generic vertical slider and a new horizontal slider. These sliders work like the original vertical slider object but also support an optional label field that can contain the text of your choosing. You can also specify the slider handle image to use on the slider. Several new images are provided and you can easily use images of your own design. The original Vertical slider object should be considered depreciated with this release and it will be eventually be removed from the designer.
Sliders.jpg

The sample scenes have not been updated as there are new scenes using the Carousel and Infinite scroll objects that are not ready for release. Let us know how this version works for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alr

Re: Release Candidate #2

Postby alr » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi Dave
The connection settings are blank. I entered and saved them. Closed the Designer. Opened the Designer and they were blank again.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:44 pm

That is odd. That means it cannot read/write the registry. What OS? I'll need to remote in to investigate.

alr

Postby alr » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:59 pm

Dave
The previous version worked fine. I'm using XP.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:03 pm

I don't have XP here to test on. Can you set up LogMeIn and let me remote in to see what is going on?

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby sonypoolplr » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:45 pm

Is there anything special that we need to do to update the projects from release candidate #1? Do we just need to click on the refresh support files button?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Refreshing the support files should do everything you need.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:22 pm

Dave,

Same issue as above with Designer settings being blanked. I'm also running MLServer on XP.
Image1.jpg

Ron

EDIT:

I got my settings to re-appear when I browsed to the location of the MLShared Server folder. Give it a try.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Dave,

I spoke too soon. The settings did not stay saved upon closing the Designer app. :(

Ron

alr

Postby alr » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:44 pm

Hi Ron,
You had my hopes up.
Al

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:16 am

So Strange. I've got 5 PCs here that I test on and all 5 got the RC2 upgrade without any issues so I'm a bit stumped as to what is going on. Uninstall the designer from the Control Panel. Then delete anything that may be left hanging around in the Cinemar\Designer folder. Then re-install RC2. Let me know if that does anything good or bad.

alr

Postby alr » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Dave,
I tried what you said. It's the same. Whatever you enter in the connection settings is saved to the registry, but if you exit and check the settings they're blank.

After entering the settings, the project files appear. If I open one, the name appears in the tab but no scene is displayed.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:07 pm

It is the embedded Chrome browser that is failing. Since I cannot reproduce it here I will have to remote into someone's system that is experienceing this issue to troubleshoot.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:06 pm

CinemarDave wrote:It is the embedded Chrome browser that is failing. Since I cannot reproduce it here I will have to remote into someone's system that is experienceing this issue to troubleshoot.

LogMeIn info sent

Ron

alr

Postby alr » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Dave,
Not sure if this means anything, but an older version of Designer automatically inserted the SQL Server path (HomeTheater\CinemarSQL) in the SQL Server box on the popup if nothing was in the registry.

AL

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”