Release Candidate #1

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Release Candidate #1

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:02 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Release Candidate #1

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:28 pm

The sample apps have been totally reworked too. The only distinction between what we call the iPad and Android version is the target screen size. All of the html and JavaScript code is identical in either version. Thankfully, there are some Internet standards out there. There is absolutely no support for Internet Explorer or Windows Phone. Microsoft does some really crazy non-standard things in their web browsers and supporting them would only cause an overall performance hit.

The following images show some of the scenes from the new web apps. There is now a very consistent style across all pages. Sample pages are there for all the media apps and major Family categories. These should give you a great starting point for your own scene development. Of course you can just run with these.

HomePage.jpg

Movies.jpg

MovieDetails.jpg

Music.jpg

MusicDetails.jpg

Netflix.jpg

Pandora.jpg

InternetRadio.jpg

SatRadio.jpg

Recipes.jpg

RecipeDetails.jpg

Weather.jpg

Pollen.jpg

WeatherRadar.jpg

WeatherMaps.jpg

RSS.jpg

FloorPlan.jpg

Environment.jpg

Energy.jpg

Cameras.jpg

About.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby sonypoolplr » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:40 pm

This looks great. If I just want to use the designer to redo my scenes without upgrading the old ones, can I open the old scenes up and as long as I don't hit "Refresh" will they stay operational while I build new scenes? I would probably only want to open the old ones if I added some custom commands.

chiphayes

Postby chiphayes » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Wow... just, wow.

Gonna be a busy boy for a few days...

Looks fantastic, Dave! Congrats.
Last edited by chiphayes on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:46 pm

Your old scenes will continue to work fine as long as you DO NOT hit the refresh button. Just leave them as version 1 of the development and then begin on V2. If you hit refresh then you are forced to go down the path of editing each and every page.

This also means that you CANNOT EDIT any of your old scenes WITHOUT pressing refresh. This is because as soon as you press save the old html is converted into the new format. And the new format requires the refreshed files. Catch-22. It is all or nothing on the older scenes.

chiphayes

Postby chiphayes » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Dave...

Not that you haven't done an amazing amount of work already, but...

In some post somewhere you mentioned already integrating the HTML5 video player into your code. How far away are we from being able to have DVDLobby open up a video window and playing a movie on a tablet?

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:52 pm

looks pretty sweet. I've been sitting back watching it's development but haven't used it yet... looks like now is the time.

However, I don't see it in the installation assistant... where do I download it?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Chip , if your video is tablet friendly then you can use the Video object to play the movie full screen.

Kyle, I did not release it. I found one more thing this evening that I am fixing right now. I'll post a message here as soon as it is uploaded.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:51 pm

Check the Installation Assistant. The new Designer and Sample apps are ready to download. I've gone blind testing these things. Tell me what I missed. And more importantly show us what you come up with. I think we have the most comprehensive and user friendly User Interface design tool for mobile devices on the market. Hands down. But then again I'm biased.

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:38 pm

All this good stuff going on and i'm at work :cry:

Reading up on what you posted on adapting our older scenes, can we create new scenes with the new designer and copy/paste our "design" layouts from the older scenes and make further adjustments from there?

Thanks for all the good stuff. Looking forward to messing around with the carousel item.

Euro.

chiphayes

Postby chiphayes » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Dave...

FYI, for your templates drop down, the following are all the Kindles' full screen resolutions (I had to re-size my Kindle project when the 960 x 600 you have now left me with some extra real estate at the bottom in full screen mode.)

Kindle Fire (first and second gen) = 1024 x 600
Kindle Fire HD 7" = 1280 x 800
Kindle Fire HD 8.9" = 1920 x 1200

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:37 pm

Looks really good Dave, and the response times are really good with the new code when running on an Ipad. It is obvious to see a huge amount of work has gone into this.

Comments so far :-

If you use a variable with the char ] then lots of the other variables stop updating, Homeseer is a pain with the non friendly html chars it uses. May be worth trapping these if they are attempted to be entered

There is something weird going on after the properties page of an object has been dragged to the left of the screen. It can disappear seemingly at random when moving the mouse or when clicking

Sliders still can't be in an overlay - the slider will always be shown on the base scene before the overlay is loaded.

Horizontal slider would be nice. Is it possible to cheat and rotate a vertical slider or have I over simplified it?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:46 pm

HomeSeer server variables are a nightmare to deal with. Bob Maslen has updated his HomeSeer plugin to create web friendly server variables. The same thing should be done to Krumpy's version. Without the update any Homeseer variable with non-alpha or numeric characters is guaranteed to break things.

If you see other strange things always check the Events button to see if an error message is shown.

Sliders can be on an overlay. Set them as hidden and then on the button the does a Show|Overlay make it a macro and also do a Show|volumeslider

A horizontal version of the slider is in the works. I did not want to delay this release any longer.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:48 pm

Euro - you can do the copy and paste trick but there is a high probability that you will not get state variables picked up as part of the copy and paste operation.

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:17 pm

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”