Release Notes

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Release Notes

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:22 pm

Version 4.0.4630.30771 - 09/04/2012

Fixes the cannot view overlay scene properties bug.

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:20 am

CinemarDave wrote:Version 4.0.4630.30771 - 09/04/2012

Fixes the cannot view overlay scene properties bug.

All overlays are still broken.
Image1.jpg

I can't open the properties window of any overlays and they don't appear on scenes ... this all happened with Version 4.0.4630.18809

Ron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:24 am

The image you displayed of the overlay properties is correct. There are no editable properties for an overlay. Overlays only contain snippets of HTML code. So that is why everything is hidden or disabled on the properties page.

>>> and they don't appear on scenes ...

Where in the properties of a normal scene? Are you getting any errors? It is all working as expected here. This is what the new properties should look like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:45 pm

CinemarDave wrote:>> There are no editable properties for an overlay.

I'm confused. Are you saying that ALL overlays by definition, have no editable scene properties? I created a new overly scene named "AAA". When you open the scene properties of "AAA" scene, it still shows the scene title as the default "Overlay Scene".
Image1.jpg

That's a bug. Even if the scene title were correct, you should be able to edit it.

Also, I discovered why my overlay scenes (doesn't matter if they are newly created or existing) do not display. It has to do with the scene properties check box "Invisible On Load". If it remains unchecked, ie. show the overlay on load, it DOES NOT display. However, if you create a button with a command to show the overlay, "Show|AAA" or "Toggle|AAA" ... the overlay DOES displays correctly.

I created a scene with only one overlay, "AAA", just to test this. It is repeatable for me. I noticed that the overlay scenes in the sample sets are all set to "Invisible On Load", that's why you may not have seen this.

PS. Great job on all the improvements in this last update! The editor is getting better every day =D>

Ron

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:24 am

Version 4.0.4632.14932 -09/06/2012

Adds the ability to specify a local client command as part of the scene startup commands.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Version 4.0.4642.25487 - 09/16/2012

This version
1) Fixes the calendar paste issue. You will have to save the scene after pasting the calendar in order for it to rebuild itself based of the values of the server variables.
2) Adds the iPhone 5 as a new target device.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Version 4.0.4653.26668 - 09/27/2012

This version
Adds the ability to have multiple objects (buttons and images) all reference the same state variable. It is now possible to have one variable turn multiple objects on the page on and off.

IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Make an entire backup of your existing project before doing anything else! A lot of the underlying HTML is going to be reworked and you'll need something to fall back on just in case.

Then do the normal refresh of the support files as there is a new scripts.js file.

Copy the MultiVars.html file from the sample scenes into your project folder. Then open that file on your target device. Press the On and Off buttons. The four sample buttons and the one sample image all reference a state variable called {{tester}} and the objects should toggle off and on as you press the buttons. If this is working fine then it is safe to carry on.

Then every existing scene that currently has a button or an image using a state variable needs to be updated. To perform the update all you need to do is edit each object with the state variable. Then update the object and move onto the next. Pressing the update button will rework the old state variable code into the new format.

The sample scenes have all been updated and it took me about 40 minutes total to update all the sample Android and iPad scenes. A little time consuming but not too bad.

I did not experience any issues while updating the sample scenes so I have a high degree on confidence that everything will run smooth for you. As always let me know.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:39 pm

Dave,

All objects do toggle on/off according to the state variable value of 1/0, as expected. So far so good.

I can see the color change on the buttons, but NOT on image objects.

Tried adding new image objects with the {{tester}} state variable set to green for ON and red for OFF. No go.

Can you check to see if colors are working for image objects on your end?

Just having the visible toggle working is a giant improvement.

Thanks for this!

Ron

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:48 pm

Right now the image color change is the background color for the image and it will only show up if bits of the image are transparent. I'll review this again.

Good to hear the other bits work.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:20 am

Dave,

Ran into a snag. This method does not work for {{tester}} when the value of {{tester}} is different for each object.
Test.jpg

Example:

Object 1 {{tester}} ON value is "X", OFF value is blank
Object 2 {{tester}} ON value is "Y", OFF value is blank
Object 3 {{tester}} ON value is "Z", OFF value is blank

In theory,

A {{tester}} value of "X" would only show Object 1
A {{tester}} value of "Y" would only show Object 2
A {{tester}} value of "Z" would only show Object 3

assuming all objects have their OFF value set to transparency "0"

I can get the objects to reveal correctly one at a time ... in any order, but they never disappear until I issue the "OFF" macro from your sample scene.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the value of {{wamma}} but I don't understand what the value of {{wamma}} has to do with the state.

Ron

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:49 am

{{wamma}} is an artifact left over from other testing. Not sure why the other scenario doesn't work but I'm looking at it.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:09 pm

Dave,

I noticed a small change with the new update of the Designer. Objects using state variables which previously behaved correctly on my scenes - no duplicate IDs, unique state variables with valid IDs such as {{weather_location7_active}} - like this one:
Image2.jpg

now do NOT become completely invisible when the OFF value is set to 0 transparency. Here's a look at my weather scene in the Designer:
Image1.jpg

The Active Weather Locaton has it's corresponding marker object visible (state variable is working correctly) , but all similar markers using state variables remain 10% visible when not active.

This is great for the Designer ... unfortunately, it causes a momentary flash between scene loads on the tablet. That is to say, the device displays the objects correctly UNTIL a LOAD command is executed ... then there is a flash of all objects which have OFF values set to 0 transparency.

This became noticible immediately after the update, BEFORE I refreshed the project support files ... etc.

Ron

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Dave,

Big problems for me when I attempted to re-edit previously working objects using state variables. The edit changes seem to go OK, but I began to see failures with updating images such as wxr maps and RSS images. Also updating on Overlays was completely killed.

I deleted the entire project folder and replaced it with my backup (pre-last update) and all is working correctly again.

I'm reluctant to experiment more at this point, everything I'm building has been stable for weeks ... up to now.

Ron

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:24 pm

Version 4.0.4654.19137 - 09/28/2012

Further refinements to the state variable changes from the last release. Different off and on variable values should now work. All objects tied to state varaibles will default invisible on load to prevent the "flashing" before the state logic kicks in.

Scenes with state variable objects will need to be opened and saved to refresh the html.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Version 4.0.4654.30482 - 09/28/2012

Fixes a issues introduced in the last update where images stop automatically updating when their server variable changed. Only the scripts.js file changed in this release.

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”