Release Notes

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Release Notes

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Version 4.0.4617.26627 - 08/22/2012

This version
1) Fixes a bug when saving scenes with gauges in them. The javascript was duplicated.
2) Adds a Calendar as a new insertable object.

The Sample apps have been updated. You should also install the updated MLDateTime applet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:31 am

Dave,

I'm having issues with the Calendar object.

I tried copying the object from the sample project and pasting it in my project. It became invisible and could not be edited.

I created a new object in my project and it was visible, but could not be edited or moved. No matter what I do, the object cannot be moved, edited or deleted.

A word of caution for others during this beta phase ... always create a new scene to test a new object ... this prevents messing up any scenes you have put hours of work into with the editor #-o

PS - Even when visible, the object does show the current day in my browser ... that background styles css issue again.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:43 am

I just cannot reproduce these things here. If an object becomes uneditable it can only mean that the scripts.js file in the projects \javascript folder is out of sync.

The backgrounds in the cells are defined using the standard background-color css attribute which must not be supported in your browser.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Version 4.0.4618.32379 - 08/23/2012

Fixes a bug in the calendar object that was released yesterday.
Adds two additional meta tags to the web pages to disable automation address and email detection on Android browsers. This was discovered when placing the calendar on the home scene. Clicking any main menu item would launch a search in Google maps.

The sample apps have also been updated to reflect these changes. Version 4.0.0.8.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Version 4.0.4619.26490 - 08/24/2012

Fixes the inability to reset the background image on your project that was broken in yesterday's update.

Both apps have been updated to. The Styles.css file now has the correct syntax.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:24 pm

Version 4.0.4620.18011 - 08/25/2012

This version
1) Fixes the Image paste bug where the shadow attribute wasn't copied over to the new object.

2) Modifies the Save Scene routine to check for duplicate object IDs in the scene. If duplicate IDs are found the duplicates are renamed to prevent editing conflicts and you will be presented with a dialog if any dupes are found letting you know what ones were renamed.

There were no changes to the sample scenes or support files with this release. No need to update your projects for this release.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:16 pm

Version 4.0.4621.14620 - 08/26/2012

Today's update adds some productivity features to the editor by adding some keyboard shortcuts.
Ctrl-A = Select All
Ctrl-Q = Select None
Ctrl-C = Copy
Ctrl-V = Paste
Ctrl-X = Delete
Ctrl-E = Edit

Pasting objects has been changed slightly. When you Paste objects now the source objects are deselected and the new objects become selected. This is different behavior from previous version.

The scripts.js file was updated to support these new features so will will have to update the sample apps and refresh the support files.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Version 4.0.4622.17238 - 08/27/2012

This version
1) Modifies the viewport meta tag on the pages to be more compatible with Android devices. Please let me know if you see any negative impact from this change.

2) Adds a Macro capability to Client commands. The syntax for a macro is just like in MLServer.
Macro|Command1!Command2!CommandN

3) Server variables in overlay files will now be rendered in the designer.

The scripts.js file was updated to support these new features so will will have to update the sample apps and refresh the support files.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Version 4.0.4624.29210 - 08/29/2012

This version
1) Fixes a bug when trying to copy and paste scroller objects.
2) Fixes a bug in the scripts.js file that affected paging in music, movies and netflix
3) Adds a full set of scenes for RecipeLobby
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:39 pm

Version 4.0.4630.18809 - 09/04/2012

This version
1) Modifies the Image Object option "Maintain Aspect Ratio" default to off

2) Adds a new Image attribute called "Active Opacity". This defaults to -1, or off, but if you set this value to any other value and there is a MLServer command associated with clicking the image then when the user clicks the image the opacity of the image will briefly change to this new value and then revert back to the normal value. This feature is useful when you have an irregular shaped image and you'd only want to highlight the image when touched. You can see an example of this in use in the Room browser in the sample apps.

3) When editing the properties of an image you should now always see the image and not just an empty graphic with an x in it.

4) Fixes a bug when pasting objects in overlays. Before the fix copying an object from a main scene only an overlay could result in duplicate object ids being created.

5) Modifies the "Bring to Front" logic so that it truly moves the object to the top of all objects and does not mess with z-index.

6) Adds a "Send to Back" function. When an object is sent to back it moves to the first object position on the scene.

7) Adds keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-B (Send to Back) and Ctrl-F (Bring to Front)

8) Removes the limitation of having a maximum of 7 overlays on a scene. There is now no limit to the number of overlays a scene can have.

9) All of the property fields when editing objects now have descriptive tool tips that describe their purpose in life.

10) Modified the Movie, Music and Netflix browser objects. The A-Z browser buttons will now be highlighted to reflect where you are in the list.

On the sample web apps
1) The Main Menu Lighting option has been replaced with an option called "Room Control" and a new sub-menu has been added for floor/room selection.

2) The start up commands on the Pandora scene has the syntax error fixed. It was missing a Macro| at the beginning of the command.

3) You will find the beginnings of a set of pages for a generic room browser taking shape. It is not really functional in this release but more of a proof of concept at the moment. You can see the new image Active Opacity option in play here.

Finally, that annoying bug where if you click on an object then click off of it and it jumps to the new location bug is still there. I'm having a hard time trying to convince the embedded browser that you really didn't want to drag it there. I'm working on it.

The next release should have the new "Infinite Scroller" option in it. So if you don't like paging through items you will be able to scroll through all of them. More about this later when it gets released.

markding

Postby markding » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Dave,

After installing the latest update, I am no longer able to edit the scene properties.

If the scene did not have any attributes in the scene properties screen, then the properties screen simply will not display.

If there were attributes to the scene properties, the screen will appear, but if any changes are made and saved, it will stop loading all of the overlays that were listed.

Please help.

Thanks,
Mark

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Is there an error being written to the events window?

markding

Postby markding » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:41 pm

When trying to pull up the scene properties on an overlay screen, this is in the events...

ViewSceneProperties - Error at ViewSceneProperties at line #6738 - Index was outside the bounds of the array.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:48 pm

An error at that line number doesn't make sense. Can I remote in and look at your overlay files? Do you get the same error opening an overlay on the sample scenes?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Confirmed. I broke something in the overlay. Stand by for an update.

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”