MainLobby Designer How To?

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MainLobby Designer How To?

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:22 pm

1. When a client attaches to the server does it always get the same client name or can it be a different name? If it does change, is there a way to keep it from changing?

The client name is automatically built from its IP Address. Assign your devices static IP address and they'll always be the same. They'll also benefit from quicker wake up times.

2. Is there a way to determine if a server variable exists? I am trying to create variables for clients that turn on or off features ( based on use input). Therefore, if the client starts the web page I do not want to change them if they already exist, but if they do not exist I would want to create them with a default value. My goal here is to be able to stop and start the client and not lose my settings configuration from the previous session.

Use a conditional test to see if the variable is equal to nothing. e.g.
If|IsEqual||{{variable to test}}####SetVariable|variable to test~something##

3. Is there a way to make text in a text box blink (flash on and off)?

Not at this time.

4. Is there a way to use a variable to determine if a text box should been seen or not? Kind of like the state variables of a button.

For that you want to use a transparent unclickable button.

whmurdock

Postby whmurdock » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:30 pm

Thank you Dave for your quick reply on my other questions. I have few more questions:

1. When using a button object, I am using a label to display a server variable which is right justified. Looking at the button, the text goes all the way up to the edge of the button. I would like to be able to add a space at the end so that the text does not go all the way to end. If I enter a space in the label and save it, the space gets stripped out. Is there a way to add the extra space?

2. I am wanting to create some Schedule tasks, however I need them to run more frequently then every hour. Is there a way to schedule tasks to run every 5 seconds or even every minute?

3. Is there a way to play speech on all clients connected to the server from a automation rule or some other method. For example, I have drive way sensors connected to my alarm system and would like to be notified, by speech on each client, if one of them is triggered.

Thanks again for any help.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:55 pm

1. When using a button object, I am using a label to display a server variable which is right justified. Looking at the button, the text goes all the way up to the edge of the button. I would like to be able to add a space at the end so that the text does not go all the way to end. If I enter a space in the label and save it, the space gets stripped out. Is there a way to add the extra space?

Insert the html code   where ever you need a space to stick. Like " Hello World " which yields " Hello World "

2. I am wanting to create some Schedule tasks, however I need them to run more frequently then every hour. Is there a way to schedule tasks to run every 5 seconds or even every minute?

Use Timers for those types of tasks. You can create a Timer that repeats every n seconds or minutes.

3. Is there a way to play speech on all clients connected to the server from a automation rule or some other method. For example, I have drive way sensors connected to my alarm system and would like to be notified, by speech on each client, if one of them is triggered.

Yes instead of Webcmd|{{clientname}} use WebCmd|All and the web command gets sent to all connected web clients

WebCmd|All~Speak~Is There Anybody Out There

tmcgowan

Postby tmcgowan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:09 pm

What's the best way to include stock market indexes into a web client scene? I haven't had any problems with individual stocks, but just haven't been able to include some common indexes like the DJI or the S&P500.

Thanks,

Todd

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

How do you close/exit a program on a remote PC?

Postby Oronomus » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:08 pm

I use a command to start a program, which works fine:

AV|5~Run~C:Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

I want a command to cleanly EXIT or CLOSE the same program, and have tried the following which do not work for me. What is the correct exit/close command?

AV|5~Stop~C:Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe! (also, AV|5~Stop~Chrome.exe!)
AV|5~Exit~C:Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe! (also, AV|5~Exit~Chrome.exe!)
AV|5~Close~C:Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe! (also, AV|5~Close~Chrome.exe!)
AV|5~Taskkill~C:Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe! (also, AV|5~Taskkill~Chrome.exe!)

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:39 pm

Code: Select all

AV|5~Run~TaskKill.exe~/IM chrome.exe
should gracefully shut down chrome.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:40 pm

Great, works for Chrome. For those interested, had to use /f to in order to forcefully terminate Spotify.

AV|5~Run~TaskKill.exe~/IM spotify.exe /f

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:54 pm

Built a News feed scene for my Galaxy Note 4. Following the format of the android tablet News scenes, I have two overlays - one a feeds scroller the other a story webpage scene - the same format as for the News scene in the Android tablet sample. On the phone, however, when the webpage overlay is enabled (but hidden), I cannot scroll the feeds overlay. Instead, any one or two finger effort to move the scroller instead pulls down what looks like a refresh icon and kills the scroller. Picture below. When the webpage overlay is disabled, the scroller behaves as expected. This appears to be an android feature - swiperefresh - but wondered if you have a suggested way to override or avoid this feature? Would rather not just disable swiperefresh. Would like it to be called in MainLobby scenes only when a webpage scene is visible and not hidden.

Refresh Icon.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:44 pm

Yes, you will have to hide the webpage view off screen when it is not being viewed. Instead of Hide/Show on the overlay you will Move it in and out of position. You can see this in action on the new Movie scenes that are getting released today. I have to move the trailer in and out of view to prevent an accidental click from playing a hidden movie trailer.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:51 pm

That worked well. Now just need mobile website URL's in the variable set (although some sites will download mobile url when requested from the phone).

Pictures of new scene showing webpage "moved" off screen (but visible in this screenshot taken from a view in desktop Chrome):

News with Webpage I.JPG

and "moved" onto page:

News with Webpage II.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:59 pm

Excellent. You can dynamically change the WebPage object's url by using the client command WebCmd|{{clientname}}~SetURL|<<webpage object id>>~new url

WebCmd|{{clientname}}~SetURL|webpage1~http://www.somethinginteresting.com

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chuck99z28 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:11 pm

Is it possible to run the designer on a different PC than the MLServer?
Or is that asking for trouble?

So far that's probably the only thing I miss from the flash client.

Chuck

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:17 pm

Yes run it from any PC you want. The first time it runs you'll get a dialog to fill in with the server info.

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chuck99z28 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Sweet

erikhimber
Expert
Expert

Postby erikhimber » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Dave,

Does the command

Hide|All - to hide overlays, no longer work ????
Erik

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”