MainLobby Designer How To?

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MainLobby Designer How To?

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Using what you have today you would have to build the browser image by image label by label. Very time consuming. But there's a much better way in the pipeline. I'd hold off making any browsers until the next major update of the editor.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:49 pm

The error log is mainly for my benefit at the moment and it tells me everything I need. No core errors. However the blank white screen tells me that there are some major problems with the index.html page and/or the creation of the project itself. Did MLServer throw any errors when you tried to access the index page? Did the project folder actually get created in the \HTML folder on the server?

RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby RZajcew » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:27 pm

MLServer is throwing no errors whatsoever.

The directory "AZiPhone" has been created in the HTML directory. The index.html file contains the rather uninteresting line:

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head></head><body></body></html>

...and nothing else. The file Home.html contains:

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head></head><body></body></html>

...and nothing else. There is also a "Home" file which does seem to have any file extension at all. Just "Home". And it contains:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
<meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no">
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="black-translucent">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no">
<meta http-equiv="cleartype" content="on">
<title>MainLobby for Touch Devices</title>
<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="114x114" href="images/MainLobby-114.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="72x72" href="images/MainLobby-72.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" href="images/MainLobby-57.png">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="images/MainLobby.ico">
<link href="css/styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<link href="css/font-icons.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<script src="javascript/jquery-1.7.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="javascript/jquery-ui-1.8.20.custom.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="javascript/jQueryRotate.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="javascript/jgauge-0.3.0.a3.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="javascript/Scripts.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).on("touchmove", function(e) { e.preventDefault();});
$(document).ready(function() {DoStartup();});
</script>
</head>
<body>
<span id="startupcmds" data-mlcmd="" style="display:none"></span>
</body>
</html>

For completeness, there is also an ml.project file that contains:

project>
<name>iPhone for Karen and Roman</name>
<comment>MainLobby for Roman's and Karen's iPhone</comment>
<device>iPhone - 640x960</device>
<width>640</width>
<height>960</height>
<backcolor>FF000000</backcolor>
<background>\\Seti\V4MLServer\HTML\Kindle\images\Beautiful-10-Kindle.jpg</background>
</project>

- Roman

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm not sure how the index.html and home.html files ended up blank like this. However the home file with no extension should be renamed home.html and the other two html files deleted. Try to see if you can track the events that lead up to having the empty files like that.

Remember this is beta software. Nothing is guaranteed to work 100%.

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Thank you for the response for the browser. I'll play with it so I can get used to the commands, syntax. Its alot easier to break things down and see how they work with the designer now. I have on small question at this point. Commanding a light on/off with the ISY thru the designer works. I am trying to figure out the slider portion of it. I am able to get the slider to show the current value of the dimmer with {{mlisy_13_value}}. But I am not able to get the slider to set the respective insteon device. I currently am stuck at this point: MLISY|mlisy_13~????
Im not sure what to put after the ~ to get the slider to function. The HTML pages I tore apart and rebuilt some time ago used +sval, but I don't see how that will work here.

Eurotech

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Replace ??? with [[value]]

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Thank you. It is working perfectly. I don't know if anything has changed, but the sliders I feel are a little more responsive and precise working with this designer, then with the older scenes. Just an observation.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:28 am

Ok Boys, I am late to the game due to being real busy. So I need a push to get moving along with Designer;

I installed the designer application. I see by browsing the designer directory that there is a Background, Images, and sample interface directory under the Designer directory root. When I open designer, my project directory is my old web interface directory. I can open my old web interfaces from the various theme sets and can not modify them (as expected). I can also start a new project with no issues.

Question is - how do I see the sample project and take advantage of the backgrounds? Should I copy those directories into the WebProjects root? If so, why are they not installed under that root during installation of Designer?

Can someone please unravel my confusion?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:34 am

Question is - how do I see the sample project

Click on the "New Project" main menu button. Give the project a name and then all the sample files that are in the SampleProject folder will get copied over to the new location.

and take advantage of the backgrounds?

The sample project contains only a couple of new background images. There is a separate 300mb collection of various background images I've been collecting over time available as a separate install.

Should I copy those directories into the WebProjects root?

Going the New Project route will take care of this. You can also manually copy the entire contents of the SampleProject folder to the new location too.

If so, why are they not installed under that root during installation of Designer?

The Designer does not assume it is being installed on the MLServer PC. It is a self-contained unit and does not modify anything outside of its install folder.

philnye

Trying to switch front and back images on click.

Postby philnye » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:53 pm

I'm trying to change the default movies_details.html file to switch the front and back DVD images when clicked. I've created a transparent button over the place for the image and am experimenting with some old code I had from ML3:

MLConditional|IsEqual##{{movies_selection_frontimagestate_{{clientname}}}}##1##Macro|SetVariable|movies_selection_frontimagestate_{{clientname}}~0!SetVariable|movies_selection_coverart_{{clientname}}~{{movies_selection_backimage_{{clientname}}}}##Macro|SetVariable|movies_selection_frontimagestate_{{clientname}}~1!SetVariable|movies_selection_coverart_{{clientname}}~{{movies_selection_frontimage_{{clientname}}}}

Basically check the state of the front image, if "1" then change the state variable to "0" and set the cover image to the back image. Otherwise, set the cover image to the front image. This works pretty well as long as you initialize the movies_selection_coverart_{{}} when the main scene starts but where is the front image variable actually set as I need to create something for the back image too.

Thank you,
Phil K.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:02 am

Both the front and rear image variables are created when you select the movie for preview. {{movies_selections_frontimage_{{clientname}}}} and {{movies_selections_rearimage_{{clientname}}}}

Put both of those images on your scene one on top of the other. But before you stack them create a state variable for controlling their visibility.

For example

{{movies_selection_activeimage_{{clientname}}}} - 1 = front image visible, 0 = rear image visible

On the front image set the opacity=100 for the On state and opacity=0 for Off.
Do the opposite for the rear image

Then make the MLServer command

Conditional|IsEqual##{{movies_selection_activeimage_{{clientname}}}}##1##SetVariable|movies_selection_activeimage_{{clientname}}~0##SetVariable|movies_selection_activeimage_{{clientname}}~1

On the scene startup macro make sure you include a SetVariable|movies_selection_activeimage_{{clientname}}~1 so that it gets initialized properly to the front image.

I'm actually going to add this feature to the sample web apps.

philnye

Postby philnye » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:22 pm

This is excellent Dave! Thanks.

I also modified my sample Movies_details.html file to have a button to switch the Synopsis and Genre detail with Cast and Director details with overlays which I find pretty nice.

Thanks again,
Phil K.

sbuckler
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby sbuckler » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: the video player. I have a video file that is updated every hour stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cinemar\MLServer\Videos\SebecTec2\videofilename. In testing to see if it plays the updated file, I see that it plays the original file that was loaded. I deleted the video file from the source folder, updated video in object properties box and saved yet the player still plays the file. Is the file stored in the player?

Is there a way to have the player re-load the video when the page is refreshed or is this how the player is designed to work? Just a little confused.
Stan

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Since the file name is static the browser is not seeing it change so it is using the data already stored in cache on the device. What you should do is store that path in a server variable then have an automation rule run on the hour that appends the number of seconds in the day to the url. That way the tablet will think the file has changed and it should play the most current version.

Something like.

Whenever {{currenthourmilitary}} changes value then
SetVariable|VideoURL~http://{{server_servername}}:6246/Videos/SebecTec2/videofilename.mp4?{{currentdaysecs}}

Then in the Video object reference the {{videourl}} variable.

sbuckler
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby sbuckler » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:08 am

Thanks, Dave. Works great!
Stan

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”