MainLobby Designer How To?

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

MainLobby Designer How To?

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:31 pm

Use this thread to post questions on topics relating to how to implement a function or scene element.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: MainLobby Designer How To?

Postby shakey » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Dave,

Built a quick page in the designer. I can open the page with Chrome and it looks as I built it. If I open it using Chrome or iPad thru web server it's blank, any ideas?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Check the MLServer event log. If there was any kind of major syntax error on the page it will send a blank image.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:50 pm

I must have something screwed up here is the log. Logging is set to Tracing. I turned it into a one button page just to test.

Also do plan to release a set of sample scenes?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Is there a different web server running on your MLServer PC? Perhaps you need to change the port? Is the user Web server in MLServer enabled?

Yes, there will be a set of sample scenes created that supports the new designer. As you can imagine that will take time. So the early stages of this beta is for experimenting and finding features.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:16 pm

Your URL paths are way off. You have a duplicate set of folders in them. What do you have for your base URL setting in the Designer?

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Got it loading pages, had to reboot the server and change the address as you suggested. Will play some more now. I'm sure I'll have more questions.
Dave,

Here is a screen shot of the designer page. The web server is working old iPhone and iPad pages work.

I'm sure its just me being dumb again. I have the ip address 0f 192.168.1.73 in the mlserver network settings as the old web pages didn't work if it was set to "theater".

Believe me I understand about the time it takes to make the sample pages.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:10 pm

I can see where there can be some confusion. From the designers point of view you can use the MLServer's PC name in the URL because the windows PC will new WINS for name resolution. From the target device's point of view you you need to always use the MLServer's IP address because those devices cannot resolve the PC's name.

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby sonypoolplr » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:05 pm

Is there a place to specify when a scene should update? I created a simple scene with the musiclobby random coverart and I can see the cover but it doesn't change.

Thanks.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:12 pm

The scenes will refresh every 2 seconds. Try the new Sample project since it has these objects on it.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Thanks Dave. I had a problem with the music image as it wasn't updating, but the movies one did, so I just recreated the music one.

RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby RZajcew » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:47 pm

I am having some difficulty "getting started" with the designer. I'm trying to do something with an iPhone, and I'm trying to follow the instructions in the Wiki for getting started.

I created a new project based on the iPhone, and I open index.html for the project. And I get a nice picture of the iPhone on the right pane (with a white screen). [By the way, shouldn't the insertable object pane also appear automatically?]

I click on the "Insertable Objects" button on the top, and the "Insertable Objects" pane appears. And now I can't seem to get anywhere...

If I edit the scene properties, I can set the background color, but the screen on the iPhone pane stays white. If I try to drag an Insertable Object onto the screen, the drag appears to "want to work" (there is a "+" sign when I drag the object over the iPhone screen), but when I drop the object nothing happens (there is no object visible on the screen).

I'm probably missing something obvious here...

- Roman

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:23 am

You might have to provide a screen shot of what you editor looks like for me to guess what is going on. There is also an Event button on the main menu that will display the events log. Any error message getting displayed there?

RZajcew
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby RZajcew » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Screen shots attached (including what I think is an uninformative error log).

- Roman

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:45 pm

I don't know if I should start a new thread, or post here in how to...

Can we get a quick lesson in how to create a scene to browse our collections. Do we create each image seperately for the respective movie/album on the scene, and if so, how do we command it to update to the next set in the collection if pressing on a created prev/next button.
Otherwise, everything seems to be going smoothly. I did have one issue where I copied/pasted an image within the same scene, but could not edit or delete it afterwards. It would not highlight. I went in through notepad and deleted the code that way.
Eurotech

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”