MainLobby Designer Feature Requests

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MainLobby Designer Feature Requests

Postby CinemarDave » Wed May 01, 2013 7:59 pm

Since there were more buttons associated with projects the Objects button looked lost sitting at the end in its own group.

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Fri May 03, 2013 1:23 pm

Not so much a Mainlobby designer request - but is there any chance of considering updating at least one time variable to update every second? It will make some scenes that have a full digital clock a lot cleaner....... I know the decision was taken previously to reduce loading but i'm hoping that with V4 and faster PCs in general nowadays that this should be manageable?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri May 03, 2013 2:48 pm

I reduced the clock timer from 2 seconds down to 1 second in today's server release.

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Fri May 03, 2013 3:36 pm

CinemarDave wrote:I reduced the clock timer from 2 seconds down to 1 second in today's server release.

Thanks!

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:35 am

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but is there a way to put an ASPX login control or similar so an instance of this can be exposed to the web?

1. I would like to access the same stuff from anywhere in the world and in the house (or build a special page)
2. I would like to point my friends to a URL when they visit and let them interact with my music via a limited jukebox function - allow them to add tracks to a "live" playlist, and even vote on songs to alter the order a bit, etc (still needs planning)

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but is there a way to put an ASPX login control or similar so an instance of this can be exposed to the web?

MLServer's web servers are not based on IIS Server. There is no aspx features available.

You can still do what you want. Expose a non-standard port on your router and have requests on that port forward to the server. You could build a special web project set of pages that a restricted to a limited set of scenes and that is what the external people see.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:28 pm

I think I would rather not give complete access to my system for anyone that stumbles upon my open port. There must be some way of creating an authentication page and putting everything behind that login??

That's the ONE huge thing missing. Nowadays everyone has an app or we server embedded to login for complete (mostly secure) access from anywhere ; anytime. If the web designer could hide behind something secure, we could expose our own Apps as we choose .

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:29 am

There is a simple solution that would work for you. You would install IIS server on any PC on your network. It could even be the MLServer PC. Then configure the authentication method you want them to use then create a single web page that simply does a redirect to the main MLServer web page once authenticated and loaded. Or better yet. Configure a site in IIS whose pages are located on another server. IIS will do the redirect automatically.

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:44 pm

For remote access, I use a vpn. On the iphone, its a one click deal, then solid connection and I can open any scene I want. You might be able to find a reasonable priced router that offers a SSL portal where users can log in and then it can redirect you to a website (ML Server), or any other program you want to run. Just some options...

Euro

fcwilt

Postby fcwilt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:01 am

Any benefit to be gained by having settings in sliders for Min and Max values?

I gather they are all currently fixed at 0 to 100.
Regards, Frederick C. Wilt

fcwilt

Postby fcwilt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:12 am

The "Gauge" widget might benefit from "Color Stops" like the "Generic Progress" widget.
Regards, Frederick C. Wilt

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:10 am

Every instance of a slider I've used so far needed a range from 0 to 100. So there are fixed to that right now.

Guages will probably be the next object to see a makeover.

tmcgowan

Postby tmcgowan » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:16 am

Nice to have: Being able to double click on an object to display/edit its properties, versus right clicking and then selecting properties from the pull down menu.

Thanks,

Todd

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:57 pm

Just posted a quick update. Double-clicking an object will now view its properties.

tmcgowan

Postby tmcgowan » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:08 pm

CinemarDave wrote:Just posted a quick update. Double-clicking an object will now view its properties.

Dave,

You are incredible! A lot of companies could learn a lot from you on how to be responsive to customer suggestions.

Outstanding!

-Todd

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”