MainLobby Designer Feature Requests

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MainLobby Designer Feature Requests

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:48 pm

That feature has been available since RC1. Control-Click will select the objects. Then you can use the cursor keys to move all of them one pixel at time or shift-cursor to move them 10 pixels at a time.

When you copy them to another scene they will get pasted offset by 10 pixels. So just shift-up then shift-left to get them into the same position on the new scene.

tmcgowan

Postby tmcgowan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:55 pm

CinemarDave wrote:That feature has been available since RC1. Control-Click will select the objects. Then you can use the cursor keys to move all of them one pixel at time or shift-cursor to move them 10 pixels at a time.

When you copy them to another scene they will get pasted offset by 10 pixels. So just shift-up then shift-left to get them into the same position on the new scene.

Okay, I see my mistake. I was always using my mouse to move them and didn't think to try it with the cursor control keys!

Thanks for the clarification.

-Todd

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:00 am

Can we get a scroller for DirecTV stations? Or possibly a step-by-step method to build the scroller. Since DTV offers various station packages, scroller would have to be populated with stations that we can select or delete. I would also like to have the ability to have multiple scrollers for this, for example to scroll TV stations on one, and only music stations on another. Command is pretty simple, something like:
Macro|
SetVariable|av_activedvrstation_{{clientname}}~851!
SetVariable|av_activedvrstationname_{{clientname}}~Watercolors!
AV|{{AV_ActiveDVR_{{clientname}}}}~Play
AV|{{av_activedvr_{{clientname}}}}~Tune~{{av_activedvrstation_{{clientname}}}}

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:19 am

There are no DirecTV functions that will let us query the list of available channels. So we cannot build any kind of scrollers that way. However with a little work you could build a few cyclestates that would contain the list of stations based on the packages and then it would be easy to build a scroller using the cyclestates. There are several examples of these kinds of cyclestates in the same apps.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:00 pm

Ok, how about allowing us to create a database table with the respective info? I am guessing that a web service will need to be created? Since I do not have DTV, a general use table/web service would be extremely helpful.

Do you really think that cyclestates would work for several hundred - potentially up to a thousand - channels? Don't cyclestates pretty much allow you to scroll through stuff?

Maybe I am missing something..

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:25 pm

You haven't played with CycleStates enough. While one of the functions is to scroll through the list MLServer already supports a web service that will dynamically build a scroller based on the values.

Create a tab delimited text file of DTV data. Import it into cyclestates and bingo you've got your list. It is essentially the database table you are asking for. Same concept works for any list of items you'd like to create.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:05 am

So I build a cycle states database like this:

DirecTV Stations Cycle States.JPG

What edits do I make to a scroller such as RSS Feed:

Scroller - RSS Feed.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:29 am

Exactly. Make your list object look like the following
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:54 am

Also, what are the changes necessary to change the text font and text color on the scroller. I want to use

FuturaTBold
and
10, 201, 255 (color)

Synergy_Tech

Postby Synergy_Tech » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:06 am

Personally I think one huge list of DTV stations would take too long to scroll through. I think it would be more useful to have a page with 2 lists: 1 showing categories (movies, sports, kids etc...) which would filter the second list of individual stations. No idea how to do this though.... :D

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:15 am

You cannot do those style changes in the Designer. If you want to make those changes you can edit the styles.css file and tweak the look there.

Open Styles.css in notepad++ or any good text editor not WordPad or Word.

Find this line

Code: Select all

.ui-scrollrow p {display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:inherit;padding-left:12px;pointer-events:none;font-size:14px;}

and change it to this

Code: Select all

.ui-scrollrow p {display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:inherit;padding-left:12px;pointer-events:none;font-size:14px;font-family:FuturaTBold;color:rgb(10,201,255)}

This will change the look to ALL the scrollers in your application.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:46 am

Synergy Tech- here's an idea. Make multiple scrollers for various categories, sports, local channels, movies, music, etc. Then have a single page that lists those categories each on a separate button. So, the button for "Sports" would reveal the "Sports" scroller and hide all others.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 pm

Dave, that's a very nice change on the font and color. Allows a consistent theme for all scenes:

Scroller - Font Change.JPG

ffneil

Postby ffneil » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:19 pm

This was a great find for me. I was creating individual macros for DirecTV and Comcast. Now my channel page icons just set the cyclestate.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:02 pm

Dave, when you find some spare time, can you please update the iPhone sample to include add the three News scenes/overlays. I have tried to recreate these from iPad mini sample, but success has been limited. Thanks...

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”