MainLobby Designer Feature Requests

Topics related to the new MainLobby Web Designer software for Android and iOS devices.
Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Re: MainLobby Designer Feature Requests

Postby Art Dustman » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:10 pm

Adding to this: not essentially part of the designer but same principal. Can I reference the value of one variable into another.. ? I.e. Make a var called my_var and its value be {{some_var}} ? I realize this can be recursive but at least the {{}} tells you when you are at the me of the recursion.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:14 pm

If I understand correctly you can do that today.

Consider:
{{master_variable}} == "Hello"

{{reference_variable}} == "master_variable"

then

{{{{reference_variable}}}} = "Hello"

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:56 pm

Didn't try to double bracket..ill give it a whirl and report back

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:56 pm

Can't get the value of the variable to show up on a scene with a label or on a button - so I suspect something is amiss.

Specifically, I have a sensor with a Variable name of "Security_192_tripped" that currently has a value of 1. I want to alias that so I can make my scenes non-dependent on the data layer (like MVC concept)

So I make a variable called "Pantry_Doors" and set that to a value of {{security_192_tripped}}

...Expecting that anywhere I now use/show the variable "Pantry_Doors" I would get the value of 1.

I used {{pantry_Doors}} and {{{{Pantry_Doors}}}} in a web scene, but I get either the literal or nothing when using {{{{}}}}.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Synergy_Tech

Postby Synergy_Tech » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:33 pm

Maybe I'm missing something but couldn't you just do

SetVariable|my_var~{{some_var}}

and then in your scene you would just need {{my_var}}

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:58 pm

Ok, because of the nature of the embedding in the variables this is going to be an issue in the designer objects. The server will have no problem rendering the variables when the command is executed but the JavaScript running on the web scenes is not written to cope with compound variables of this nature.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:47 pm

Ok. I was running into similar oddities when trying to use a variable value in the on and off labels. Upon saving the designer would pull down the value of the variable, and it was no longer dynamic.

For the record, I have many places I use a series of on, off values comma separated to get the states I want. Would be nice to include variables too.

Capture3-11c.PNG

Here's an example of comma delimited vars I used to "animate" an image using a timer. Just have to remember all numbers corresponding to the place it isn't or is relative to others... 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:21 pm

Adding to the pile :)

I would like to be able to select a group of objects and to a smart find/replace. It could be a global in all the selected objects, Global in the project, or a instance by instance confirmation, or let me select which fields in what controls I would like replaced in the open stage:

ex - Find "big" , replace with "small"

Where?
(Tree view of objects and properties)
Buttons
State Variables
X On Values

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:55 am

I searched for this to see if someone had asked previously but couldn't see it - I am sure it is there:

Add an About screen with the version number, or put it in the menubar as in the legacy designer, so I know which version I am running.

Add a layers option similar to MainLobby legacy designer - the ability to reorder objects and most importantly, hide objects. If this already exists please let me know how to find it. Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:54 pm

Add an About screen with the version number, or put it in the menubar as in the legacy designer, so I know which version I am running.

About the Designer? You're right it is missing and should and will be there.

Add a layers option similar to MainLobby legacy designer - the ability to reorder objects and most importantly, hide objects. If this already exists please let me know how to find it.

Layers are really tricky. In the Flash world the scene was built dynamically when the .mls file was opened. The HTML files are pre-built in the designer and there is no object hierarchy maintained that can assist in moving or hiding/showing objects. Fairly difficult to accomplish at this point in time.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:00 pm

How is the IOS app development coming along? There are many deficiencies with using the Safari browser that I am sure an app would take care of.
Simon D. S. Mason

Return to “MainLobby Web Designer (V5)”